lets get back to the sprit of things here

jwl

:worthy:;):D

excellent points Rob...

I am in no way trying to jump on your post here but would like to add a couple thoughts of my own.

When I first came onto this site I feel I fit right in, I stepped up and wasn't afraid to share lots of great info with anyone. At the same time I did keep in mind the sensitivity of some areas. I was always eager to share a good fishin report and take all the good ribbings that came along with the fact that I had no camera at the time :D

As I grew into the community aspect of this forum board,soon came different invites from some great people to get out there fishing, share some tactics and possibly learn a few new tricks along the way.

I come to find there was a bunch of great like minded people on here, there where lots of days where groups of us got together for a fun day fishing. There was some friendly competetion along the way, we had things going like "survivor fishing",little one day fun derbies,swills,fishfries, people steeping up together for a worthy cause, I tried to add some fun in the mix by starting an "angler of the month" prize package that lasted almost a year where some great people chipped in prizes to help out the cause.

It is sad to say that most of the people who where involved in all these sort of things are simply not on this board any more. It is definately not becasue they aren't fishing,it is becasue of the lack of fishing posts and related banter that was replaced by too much BS. This is too bad as alot of these people where great people who would do almost anything for anyone in a heart beat.

There was a huge diversity of active anglers on this board,newbies looking to learn where to drown a worm with a red and white plastic bobber, some serious die hards,tournament anglers,tackle shop owners,industry people,fishing guides and so on...

We cannot possibly all get along all the time, come on we even get into it with the people in our families ect now and again. We all have seen little squabbles ect unfold, yet at the same time seen them be patched up right after in the open forum for all to see. That's all part of what has made this board a "family type community"

Perhaps it is time to get some of that sense of community back on here, and get back to some of the things we all have grown to love on here and what it's all about. There are some great people on this board, and like Rob has stated, it is notable throughout all of Ontario.

I don't know about you guys but I miss some of the great times and getting together with some real solid people that this forum has brought many of us along the way. :rolleyes:

Great posts Jack and Rob :rolleyes::worthy:;)

I myself often times don't have enough fish stories to post but I do post when I can and am always more than willing to help out when I can.

I know that Rob and yourself along with a few others here are always arranging get togethers and events. I hope that all of you don't think this goes unnoticed. I've said it time and time again that the time and effort you guys put in is most commendable :D:D:P

I hope now that we can get back to these times with the trout derbies, ice derbies, etc in the near future where we all get along and have a great time on the water.

To all that help make this site the best in ontario my hats off to you :worthy:

And anytime anyone wants to get out there and do some fishing just drop me a line or post it on the board B)

Thanks jwl & Joe: I know Rick closed my post and he hopes that it don't get out of hand to keep it going but I thought it needed to be said. You are very right in trying to get back all the great stuff that we all use to do that made this site what it is today,and it would not take much. The first thing would be to let Rick know how much this site has helped them in baging the big one and that we all would try to keep our nasty finger and comments to our selves. If you cant take a bit of jabin then you need to know when to type and when not to type or just stay off(sorry) I myself have made many comments to members knowing that they would get me back with a better one and we both would just ;):D . Remember these little guy's :rolleyes:B):D:worthy::worthy::P make a big differance in a post SO USE THEM. Lets all just get along and if we think before we post maybe it won't take long for Rick to put the forum back so we all can have FUN Also this site is what we make of it so behave and have fun with maybe learning something at the same time. Catfish

I read the other post and it mentions people complaining about others giving out too much info. I have not seen any of that. Maybe it was in PMs.

What's the problem with that? If I have info I will give it to anyone who asks. Situation hasn't come up yet where I had info but maybe next summer. I don't do much winter fishing.

Personally I feel that the non-fishing forum was a failed experiment and it will never happen again. Political and religious conversations do not belong on a fishing site. You guys are right about NFN holding more gatherings and such in the old days and that`s where I would like to see the site go back too, but that will take time and effort from members.

Archived