pellet guns

smerchly

After just reading this sad story , and seeing the damage that was done to this dog by some sicko , I have to ask , how much power do these guns have . Could they kill rabbits , geese , or a child if fired at close range into the stomach or temple ? I am against gun control since I hunted for many years , but these guns need no FAC or licence I believe . Is it the type of ammo that caused so many holes in this dogs stomach ? And I wonder if the weapon could be a hand gun (revolver) which could easily be hidden...........This is a disturbing story & I hope they find the shooter.

http://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/Article....aspx?e=1514384

Any pellet gun over 500 FPS needs a FAC or PAL , these guns can certainly take small game with one shot and seriously harm or cause fatality of a person , they come in all shapes and sizes, to ones that resemble a 9mm or a sniper rifle the have diferent calibers like a gun from .177 to .22 pellet diameter and come in pointed tip blunt tip all different shapes, Certainly not a toy they need to be treated and handled just like any other firearm

Thanks Wiser .......I think we will be hearing more in the news about this . If a pistol type pellet gun is made over 1000 fps , I assume it would fall under the same restructions as a 9mm hand gun .....I didn't think they made any that powerful . We had BB guns when we were kids & the rifles would put a hard bb right through a pop can . now , most pellet guns I see are powered by co2 cartridges which is most likely the type used to kill the dog .

yea your right its 500 my bad

i stole this from another site

Basically the laws in Canada for airguns is that as long as it fires the projectile at less than 495 feet per second anyone over 18 can buy one.

Any airgun firing at a velocity higher than that has to be registered as though it were a firearm and you'd need a PAL (firearms license) to buy it.

The specific laws on being able to fire and purchase are often bylaws. For example, in Toronto it is illegal for stores to stock pellet or BB guns. Many cities have bylaws against discharging them within the city limits.

So it is going to depend a lot depending on what city you live in. If you live in the city, you're probably not allowed to fire it outside. You can get a air pistol and plink in your basement but if you're shooting in your backyard or something and the neighbours call the cops the chances are high you're going to get it taken away and possibly fined. Go to your local municipalities website and look up the specific bylaws on this.

There is always some sick pig out there willing to do harm to people or animals for pleasure. Couple of years back it was dishes of antifreeze, and the cat burnt alive. Or it's a child molester.

If these monsters get caught, they get a mild sentence and a bunch of conditions that are almost impossible to enforce.

Archived