Supporting the Inuit Seal Hunt

Hey Dave.....I have to give her credit for sinking her teeth into a raw , bloody piece of heart ! I would upchuck the second it hit my tongue ....yeeeechhhicon8.gifh ! This is a way of life for these people & it's not our business to tell them otherwise . They don't tell us to stop eating at MacDonalds B) , but I do think they should have the opportunity to leave that lifestyle and get into the 21st century . They may have been able to see a little of the world via satelite TV etc. and some may wish they weren't trapped in such a cold simple a life style .

Enjoy your rare bloody steak ! :rolleyes: ......and that unborn chicken....... :D

Hey we've poisoned their atmosphere, fish, air and water and now those who support the consumerism that pollutes them tell them they're livelihood is immoral. Sad how much pull City Slickers have outside their own narrow little world.

Hey Dave.....I have to give her credit for sinking her teeth into a raw , bloody piece of heart ! I would upchuck the second it hit my tongue ....yeeeechhhicon8.gifh ! This is a way of life for these people & it's not our business to tell them otherwise . They don't tell us to stop eating at MacDonalds :Gonefishing: , but I do think they should have the opportunity to leave that lifestyle and get into the 21st century . They may have been able to see a little of the world via satelite TV etc. and some may wish they weren't trapped in such a cold simple a life style .

Enjoy your rare bloody steak ! B) ......and that unborn chicken....... :)

simple way of life is in many times better Man complicates his world far to much

She is also a politician & she is making a political statement which she knows will enrage the seal hunt opposers who will be banning all seal products right down to omega 3 pills made from seal oil .She has been condemmed by these fanatical groups and Canada will be taken to task for her actions .I assume all these people are vegans :Gonefishing: .

In this world there are far too many arm chair critics trying to change the world and convert the "heathens" to their way of thinking. The same complaints are made about the running of the bulls, bull fights, the fox hunt, cockfights, etc..... ad nauseum.

We've already messed up enough of our world. Why is it necessary to meddle and tear apart someone's culture.

Simply. People need to mind their own business, mind their manners, broaden their mind and respect different cultures.

The media slant was that this was done in response to the Euro ban on seal products,

and in support of the commercial hunt .

I think it was more out of respect for the Inuit culture and their right to carry on with their native traditions.

From what I've read the Euro ban specifically excempts native crafts using seal fur from Greenland and Canada.

Now we need a prime minister who also is a hunter and not afraid to be shown hunting. I think I remember

some footage of Diefenbacher as a kid hunting pheasants out west. Didn't Mulroney go boar hunting in Germany

or Russia and there was a big hulabaloo in the press. Subsistence and sport hunting goes back to the original

settlers of this country it needs to be maintained as a Canadian tradition instead of some of these recently

manufactured so-called traditions.

In this world there are far too many arm chair critics trying to change the world and convert the "heathens" to their way of thinking. The same complaints are made about the running of the bulls, bull fights, the fox hunt, cockfights, etc..... ad nauseum.

We've already messed up enough of our world. Why is it necessary to meddle and tear apart someone's culture.

Simply. People need to mind their own business, mind their manners, broaden their mind and respect different cultures.

Well I wouldn't say minding your own business is a good thing but putting your feet in someone else's shoes before going off the deep end and trying to influence everyone to start an embargo. It just seems like these organizations hit so hard and its simply emotionally driven.

If we spent 6 months living with these people we'd gladly buy their products when we got home because we'd know how much they depend on selling them to us.

Their lifesyle is self sustaining ......if we banned them from from this , we could send them "our" food via cargo planes etc. and send each of them welfare checks . Maybe peatta & Mr.McCartney & Pammy et all will send a few million $$$ to keep them on track with their ideals......Good on the gov.gen. for accepting a token of goodwill from our Inuit Canadians , I don't think I could eat that raw heart meat unless I was really starving..... :Gonefishing:

Pam and Paul can send all the money they want but long after those 2 are dead, these people will still need to know how to survive. That's something we're all losing the ability to do in the City.

I can't say that I'm all that thrilled with Canada Having an official like the G.G. Basically I think the role is a big tax burden with little ROI, and when was the last one we had that was Canadian Born?. But I have to admit that I have a newfound respect for Michaele Jean. We need more politicians that understand sustainability and subsistence. Unfortunately our politicians are like most people and the only thing that talks is $$$, oh and the threat of losing that nice comfy job with all of the perks.

Archived