How Do I Get To 14 Mile Pond ?

polhilla

There is no 14 mile creek or pond. Options are the 12, 15,16, 20, or 40. There is an 18 mile creek but there no longer is any public access to the stream. MTO was successfully lobbied, by area residents, to close the access.

I heard that the 15 mile creek etc etc......was named such because the 15 mile is 15 miles west of the Niagara River . The 16 mile isn't a mile west of that , but I guess they just wanted to round off the numbers........Port Dalhousie is at the mouth of the 12 mile creek and I fished a spot close to the Niagara called the 4 mile......

PS....don't go by your car odometer , go by the crow ! :Gonefishing:

When I first tried going after channel cats I tried to get to jordan harbour but seeing as im a shore fisherman and there are no shore spots it sucked.

What do you mean theres no shore spots on Jordan Harbour?

I grew up there and used to walk down behind the cemetary at the end of Red Maple to access the Harbour.

Really thanks I just didnt want to fish off of a cemetary out of respect. But this sounds cool.

;)

do you know where fifty point got its name? I've always assumed it was the same numbering system.... distance from the river.

Yes it is the same system, there is actually a creek there as well and Fifty Rd.

Beamsville also has a few landmarks associated with the thirty mile marker just as a reference.

What do you mean theres no shore spots on Jordan Harbour?

I grew up there and used to walk down behind the cemetary at the end of Red Maple to access the Harbour.

I believe that whole area of the east ridge is being turned to subdivision now that the archeological dig of the old cemetary has been completed.

I also used to go down that side of the harbour to fish the east cut.

There is access along the QEW from the Beacon.

I didn't know there was a dig...?

That new subdivision is $$$...Ivan and Olive Fretz's old property..Used to toboggan down the rd. that led to the harbour when I was a kid.

Also used to walk down the Railway tracks to access fishing under the tressel.Technically I think its tresspassing on C.N. property but only 50 yrds. or so from the little dead end of 19th street(or Bridgeport).

I didn't know there was a dig...?

That new subdivision is $$$...Ivan and Olive Fretz's old property..Used to toboggan down the rd. that led to the harbour when I was a kid.

Also used to walk down the Railway tracks to access fishing under the tressel.Technically I think its tresspassing on C.N. property but only 50 yrds. or so from the little dead end of 19th street(or Bridgeport).

Huge dig involving the historical societies, region, etc.. Apparently there was also an older cemetary, long lost on one corner of the Fretz property. That was the main focus of the dig.

Archived