Fishing today

Erik.T.

Again I bugged my dad untill he drove me out to our favourite creek off of the welland R. and fished a bit we were supposed to go up to Wellandport........Then the rain started.

All in all it was a pretty good day but it was VERY hot and even in the shade I was sweating while sitting in my lazy fisherman's chair. There were many logs and seeing as we were bottom fishing this was bad. The first half hour I hooked into 3 channel cats all fairly small 1-3lbs, then we moved up a bit and I hooked into a fair sized channel about 3-4lbs and a small carp. A nice sized pike kept cruising by us and I was kicking myself for not bringing any lures. Then we hooked and lost a big channel (big by my standards) about 10lbs. A few more channels (small) then it got abnormally dark and we realized that we were in the middle of a BIG storm.

channelcatfishnoblood.jpg

So after our fishing we went to a timmies and ordered some food and ate in to parkinglot watching a bird trying and failing to fly across the parkinglot (due to high winds) then we saw boxes go flying across the road, then a man went out to try and catch the boxes (he failed also) it was pretty entertaining. I have never seen a bird fly sideways. Then the hail started.....................

We also saw a woodchuck and a cottontail (rabbit) as well as a goldfinch and a couple redwing blackbirds.

And by the way that berkelys catfish bait (blood scent) does not work compaired to the good old fashioned worm. We fished with it for a half hour and got no bites. :rolleyes:

Nice going Eric .......you seem to be getting around to fish a lot of places and doing very well . And a 10 lb. channel cat is a good size fish and can scrap with the best of them . Got a little wet did you ? :rolleyes:

Is that braided line your using? or mono

I have been using 30lb braid for the past year and have landed more big fish on it than ever before.

30lb braid/7 inch chrome leader/2 heavy splitshots/size 2 snelled hook (made by some company called Danielson)/ and worm

Archived