fishing the Grand River today

Luvevolution

went up to Caledonia today to get legal smokes(LOL), so thought we'de throw our rods in the Grand for a while. not much bite today however......the water was fairly shallow and the heat was just awesome to say the least. we went to the dam, but there were so many people fishing and no bite , so we decided against it and went south into York. we stopped in at Seneca Park and walked a bit south into what looked like a good spot. the bowfin were jumping all over the place, so we threw our rods in there. my wife fished the bottom and I fished the surface with a bobber. my wife caught a 12" bowfish and I got skunked AGAIN ! LOL. that's the first time we've seen one in the flesh.........just pics on this forum. man, can they ever clamp down and what a set of teeth for the small size of the fish she caught.

actually, I kinda lied.......I did catch something..........a tree. LOL. but since I'm catch and release, I let him go..........after breaking my line. LOL. on a good note, the bobber let go and floated around in the water and I did get it back after 20 or 30 minutes. hey, it might only be 50 cents, but I wanted that sucker back. LOL. all in all, a descent way to spend 3 hours.

sure sounds like a good way to waste 3 hours at least you saw some fish jumping me on the other hand i wanted to get out but i was stuck baby sitting my neices all morning and afternoon

Here's an idea. When you and the wife cast out your lines, ask her if she would mine trading rods,

may change your luck :P

LMAO.........I never thought of that............DUH!. I think it's gotta be a physiological thing......fish prefer a womans pheramone scent. maybe this is an idea in the making........selling a new kick a$$ fishing juice and call it some stupid name with a catchy phrase like, "guaranteed to produce fish". hmmmmmm, wonder where I've seen that before? LOL.

either that, or I'm just not gonna take her anymore, cause I'm tired of being schooled. LOL.

as a side note.........I'm sure glad I didn't put my fingers anywhere near that mouth as I unhooked it. she unhooks her own fish, but I thought I'de be nice and help her out. was just about to reach for the mouth when I saw all those teeth. hmmmmmm. LOL

Archived