Ever wonder if you are using too big of a lure?

RoeBaggin

Think again. Predatory fish have huge appetites, like this walleye I brought back from a trip to Buckhorn. I estimate the fish at close to five pounds based on her girth. In all actuality the fish was a four pounder with a pound of meat in his belly. These pumpkin seeds probably didn't even see it coming.

RB

DSCF4826.jpg;)

That's awesome.

I always cut open the stomachs of the bigger fish I catch to see what's been on the menu lately.

I cleaned a 4 lb pike last winter while ice fishing.

It had an 8 inch burbot in its stomach! Weird! My first encounter with this fish and it was out of the stomach of a pike.

Cool pic RB. Enjoy the meal.

I once pulled out a mouse out of a walleye/pickeral caught in the K-lakes.

Guess they will eat just about any thing that moves.

;)

Since ive started musky fishing on the niagara ive realized how big of baits bass will actually eat. ive got a good number of 2.5-4+lb largemouth in their on 8" bucktail spinners

me and my dad found live crayfish in smallmouths mouth one when we were cleaning it the crayfish died while we tried to release it.

I was two hours north of thunder bay on a fishing/resort type place and near the end of that trip I caught a small walleye (about a pound) then as I was bringing it up a pike took a chomp out of it and my mom netted them both.

Archived