Last few weeks

AwolRJ

Been busy month haven't had time to upload any photos. Had a real good time at Memquisit on the West arm again this year and caught some monsters down here on Erie as well.

Bass

372772336.jpg

Nippissing White Bucket

372772311.jpg

Big Pike

372772267.jpg

372772281.jpg

Nip Eye

372772239.jpg

Got these Catfish Trolling for Eyes on Erie, Denis said they taste good and boy was he right!

372130844.jpg

372130777.jpg

Few Eyes from last week.

372130725.jpg

372130810.jpg

And here's my new Charter Boat, I'm working on the seating issue.

372130699.jpg

Call me when the charter is up and running.

I'd like to try the cats.

I noticed the snot in the first picture and shuttered. then I saw the second picture, ewe. i hate cleaning them but when they are done right, I love eating them.

The Cat weighed 22 pounds, The Pike I have know idea, forgot to measure or weigh it. They all tasted great! I think the bigger they are the more snot they got, he was bleeding so bad when I got him, had to keep him...

The Cat weighed 22 pounds, The Pike I have know idea, forgot to measure or weigh it. They all tasted great! I think the bigger they are the more snot they got, he was bleeding so bad when I got him, had to keep him...

Yep snot and what a strong smell , but I love to catch em. I believe its because they are always in the weeds I persume. Did the right thing though to keep her if you didnot think she was going live.

Nice fish and some good eats for sure.

I never ate a catfish that large.

Is the meat pretty much the same as the smaller ones ?

:P

That was the first one I ever ate. First Catfish I ever kept, I always thought they would be hard to clean but it was easy. We had a fight over who got the last piece, just as good as walleye but firmer! I'm wondering if they taste that good outta a river? This one was in the Middle of Lake Erie!

That was the first one I ever ate. First Catfish I ever kept, I always thought they would be hard to clean but it was easy. We had a fight over who got the last piece, just as good as walleye but firmer! I'm wondering if they taste that good outta a river? This one was in the Middle of Lake Erie!

I tried catfish for the first time several months ago. I drive truck all over this wonderful continent of ours. LOL. I happened to be in New Orleans for a week, so thought, since I was in the south, I would try southern fried catfish. the first night, I tried one place. the meat was dark and left a very bitter and strange aftertaste. was good, but the aftertaste was somethin else. LOL. the second night, I tried a different place and the meat was light in colour and the taste was to die for. mmmmmmmmmm. I asked about the other one I tried and the guy said it was a different type of cat. can't remember what he called it, but the second night was waaaaaay better.

if you are ever down that way and in the vicinity of the airport, I highly recommend the Voodoo lounge..........yum yum. LOL

i also tried my first piece of catfish in the great city of new orleans at a place called moulatt's near the quarter. I can't believe i used to throw them back they are a very tasty fish indeed needless to say when the water is cold sorry for their luck.Also tried my first feed of crawdads down there now they,re not just bait anymore.

I ate a 2lber out of the grand near the mouth of Lake erie. It had a different taste compared to the eyes, but I liked it.

I let the 10+ lbers go that I have caught there in the past.

Next time I catch a bigger one she coming home :dunno:

I ate a 2lber out of the grand near the mouth of Lake erie. It had a different taste compared to the eyes, but I liked it.

I let the 10+ lbers go that I have caught there in the past.

Next time I catch a bigger one she coming home :dunno:

according to that guy in New Orleans, you gotta watch the size you keep, no matter what species of cat. the bigger they are, the less tasty they are. he said 10 pound or less is the keeper as far as taste and meat quality. again, I'm no expert, but that's what this guy told me. he fishes for cats in the bayou's down there and that's what he specifically targets cause his customers prefer the taste of that size range. all I can say was, YUM YUM. LOL.

according to that guy in New Orleans, you gotta watch the size you keep, no matter what species of cat. the bigger they are, the less tasty they are. he said 10 pound or less is the keeper as far as taste and meat quality. again, I'm no expert, but that's what this guy told me. he fishes for cats in the bayou's down there and that's what he specifically targets cause his customers prefer the taste of that size range. all I can say was, YUM YUM. LOL.

I prefer Small 1 to 3lbs bullheads for taste.

Just finished a nice family fish fry at the parents house, had about 15 people there and they couldn't tell the difference between the catfish and the eyes! Time to go reload in the morning, hoping summer stays around to have a few more fish fries!

Archived