Skunked yet again

Luvevolution

not sure what's going on lately with night fishing, but we're getting nothing. not doing anything different and visiting our regular haunts as far as night fishing goes.............Queenston dock, Navy house, etc., but there's nothing biting at all. had one nibble at Queenston dock tonight and nothing more, except some lost tackle. LOL. I know when a cold front whips through, it deffinitely affects fishing, but this is damned frustrating. I figured the bass and other species woudl be on the feed with the winter approaching, but they didn't seem to want anything we were throwing at them. maybe I need to see what daylight looks like and fish in it from now on. LOL.

not sure what's going on lately with night fishing, but we're getting nothing. not doing anything different and visiting our regular haunts as far as night fishing goes.............Queenston dock, Navy house, etc., but there's nothing biting at all. had one nibble at Queenston dock tonight and nothing more, except some lost tackle. LOL. I know when a cold front whips through, it deffinitely affects fishing, but this is damned frustrating. I figured the bass and other species woudl be on the feed with the winter approaching, but they didn't seem to want anything we were throwing at them. maybe I need to see what daylight looks like and fish in it from now on. LOL.

I agree with you, Yesterday I got blanked on the UC. My last time out to another Lake O trib.. nada and the time before that more of the same at Bronte. Upon reflection they all had something in common.

1. A cold front

2. A lower barometer and most importantly something my dad taught me that his dad taught him and I used to laugh....

3. A north wind. The old adage is true or seems to be where...

Wind outta the North... the fishes snoreth

Wind outta the West.... the fish bite best

Wind outta the East... the fish bite least

Wind outta the South... the bait blows into their mouth.

I used to laugh at this but I swear there is something to it. Everyday that I've struggled or been skunked at least two of these factors have rung true.

Alex

I agree with all of those things. and it's funny, cause an older gentleman stopped by when we were fishing Marlatts Rd. it was an easterly wind that day and he asked how the bite was. of course, I replied that it was slower than normal, even though we were catching a few fish here and there, but deffinitely down from what we would normally catch. that's when he said about the easterly wind thing. and it was pretty much how you just said it. must be something our grandparents generation knew, or maybe they are all witches, which I swear my mom is sometimes. LOL.

the only thing I'm not so sure about is the barometer thing...............we've noticed that we caught more fish when the barometer was all wacky and/or dropping. and also when there's been a full moon, the fish seem to be on the bite more prolifically. this cold front thing has gotta go, cause it's seriously affecting my mood. LMAO.

the only thing I'm not so sure about is the barometer thing...............we've noticed that we caught more fish when the barometer was all wacky and/or dropping. and also when there's been a full moon, the fish seem to be on the bite more prolifically. this cold front thing has gotta go, cause it's seriously affecting my mood. LMAO.

In advance of a weather front, the barometer does the big rise or drop, it sets the fish to feeding in anticipation of the front. Lunar cycles also have an impact, but not as drastic. However, nothing beats a full moon bite during a high presure cell

In advance of a weather front, the barometer does the big rise or drop, it sets the fish to feeding in anticipation of the front. Lunar cycles also have an impact, but not as drastic. However, nothing beats a full moon bite during a high presure cell

I agree totally. last time that happened, we were pulling fish out of Queenston dock like crazy. LOL. sure beats the lask of fish we've been getting lately.

Bigugli & I caught a few bass , suckers & a nice channel a few days ago & the bite was not aggressive at all . We tried a few soft baits as well but the bass were not interested in chasing . But sometimes the right bait could tweak their interest as we saw a few bass chase minnows to the surface . If we had live minnows ,we may have done much better . Switching baits & tactics can sometimes defy those theories. :)

Bigugli & I caught a few bass , suckers & a nice channel a few days ago & the bite was not aggressive at all . We tried a few soft baits as well but the bass were not interested in chasing . But sometimes the right bait could tweak their interest as we saw a few bass chase minnows to the surface . If we had live minnows ,we may have done much better . Switching baits & tactics can sometimes defy those theories. :)

I think we need to come down to the 12 and see you guys in action. LOL. I keep saying we are gonna try it down there, but have still yet to go.

Archived