salmon running thru jordan yet?

darkapocn

Hi all,

Before you all jump on this, because i know some of you seem to wait for a post you can female dog in... just wondering if they are running yet cuz the GF hasn't seen a salmon run before, figured id take her and the munchkin out to see the salmon wiggling their way up stream by bailey bridge.

any useful replies would be appreciated.

otherwise have a good day everyone

ive been to jordan ( a good 12 years ago ) while they were running unfortunally i was a few weeks too late and you can guess what kinda salmon i saw.......

Take a look at Jordan at hwy 8 just down from the bridge . You should see a few of those black beauties & there is a restaurant there called Butterballs if you need a coffee or snack .(fish'n chips) :huh:

When did they close the season.

The extended season on the Twenty was removed with the new Regs last year. It is due, in part, to the fact that they are not stocking the stream, and there had been a good population of Pacifics returning in recent years. So it is no longer a put and take fishery.

last year i mustve caught it on 1 of the first days of the run, it was fantastic to watch... told my dad and he went the next day with a camera, and came back with pics of dead salmon all over the banks... gutted for eggs and huge chunks missing from their sides where people mustve been snagging them

last year i mustve caught it on 1 of the first days of the run, it was fantastic to watch... told my dad and he went the next day with a camera, and came back with pics of dead salmon all over the banks... gutted for eggs and huge chunks missing from their sides where people mustve been snagging them

That really sucks. :(

nothing happening down there yet im always checking i have the same thing with my gf she hasn't seen a run either it's pretty amazing to watch. Last year they were in there pretty alive near the end of oct. so maybe a week or 2 more.

They close down there was the 30th so I was there on Sunday the 27th. I saw a total of 3 or 4 fish at the time. I grabbed the fly rod and managed one bluegill on an egg fly. There really wasn't enough water for them to get by the first trickle. The one that I saw by "the tree" (those who fish there know where I'm likely talking about) was a beautiful silver hen. The last time that I was down there (the 29th) there was nothing in sight. I'd be surprised if there was nothing up that way to view with the rains we had. Then again nothing really surprises me anymore. As far as the rain goes... Too little...too late.

Alex

I saw a few salmon there 2 years ago with half their sides open . I'm sure it was caused by minks or coons that like to eat the insides like the liver etc. Guys who just want the eggs usually gut them with a knife & fill up their freezer bags .Some of those dead salmon benefit other wildlife species. ;)

What are the regulations about taking eggs from fish? Is it illegal to take eggs from a salmon that you catch and put it right back in the water to die? Cause I always thought you had to take the fish if you take the eggs in Canada that is. Are the rules in the States any different?

Archived