Tried to fish

RJR

I got up early this morning and went to Sugar Loaf harbour, it was windy and no fish :rolleyes: decided to give the docks at Point Abino a try but the access road was closed (anybody know why) than I went behind the Palmwood and again too windy. I than came back to the Rec in Welland and it was starting to freeze over, therfore unable to shore fish and too soft to walk on. Oh well, at least I got some fresh air. must be time to get the Icefishing gear ready for next weekend, I hope I hope.

If I had known you were on the prowl we could have met for a coffee chat Rick . I went passed Timmies at Lincoln St. & noticed they are closed up , but on the way back I saw the new Timmies just a block north on St.Charles ! The rec was very thin at Ontario St. , guess I'll have to wait a week or so before trying our luck .

I also did the marauding road trip. Martindale pond is iced along the edges and choclatey. Both sides of the Rec are skimmed over. A large prtion of the Welland R is skimmed over as well. Ships are still running the main canal. Some of the secret small ponds are too weak to ice fish for now. It was still nice to go running for 3 hours.

went down to the glen, the river had 2 ft vis and lots of activity. i seen a few caught and lots roll by me. only one taker and he broke my leader at the swivel. lots of snow fell while i was down there but it wasnt too cold. nice peaceful afternoon

Archived