just a thought

Hellfish

Guest TC1OZ
Well ,this picture posting thing brings up a question for me . I use another host site for posting pictures . If it works like photo bucket & all the pictures can be accessed through that account , then my photo posting will be ended , unless I keep photos in there that are only posted on here . I wasn't aware that pm'ed pictures may be accessed .......The net is the net & whatever you say or show is open to the www. .......time for some changes.

This is why I recommended an anonymous image upload site like www.imageshack.us for our piking friend to upload his pics. You can upload anything and everything, and only the links you hand out can be seen by people.... No one picture links to the next and it even slightly renames your picture to something random.

Embrace the future or be left in the past! (not to sound like a douche)

u guys should invent a magic minnow that oos fish won't bite but crappies and perch will, i mean come on guys if your floating minnows for crappie u can expect to get anything, and unfortunately most good crappie spots share spawning grounds for bass and pike. there is nothing wrong with being proud of a fish u caught even when it is out oos.

Be proud as you want; show your friends too. But why put it up on the internet for the nearly 12,000 views this site got yesterday from all over Ontario to see? Be proud but be responsible. I don't understand why people don't get that.

like fishcrusher said...i wanna see you guys go out with a bucket of minnows for som crappie and perch...let me know what you guys end up with...

gettin a picture with the catch and releasing it shouldnt really be a probem...

everyone complains that there is no action on this site and nobody uploads pictures..other than the trout guys

i wonder why though? everytime pictures are added you guys have somethin ridiculous to say..."ohhh you held that fish the wrong way" "those fish are oos" of course i know theyre out of season...thats why they were released...if you guys are seriously gettin hard ons like this for the fish than why are you fishing at alll? as said before the fight and lifting the fish out of the water is a great shock to the fish...really dont think a 2 second picture causes much harm..

side note...CO came by the aquaduct yesterday checking licences and kicking people out of the fenced in area

Guest TC1OZ
like fishcrusher said...i wanna see you guys go out with a bucket of minnows for som crappie and perch...let me know what you guys end up with...

gettin a picture with the catch and releasing it shouldnt really be a probem...

everyone complains that there is no action on this site and nobody uploads pictures..other than the trout guys

i wonder why though? everytime pictures are added you guys have somethin ridiculous to say..."ohhh you held that fish the wrong way" "those fish are oos" of course i know theyre out of season...thats why they were released...if you guys are seriously gettin hard ons like this for the fish than why are you fishing at alll? as said before the fight and lifting the fish out of the water is a great shock to the fish...really dont think a 2 second picture causes much harm..

side note...CO came by the aquaduct yesterday checking licences and kicking people out of the fenced in area

Welcome to the internet! Someones always going to say something you don't like, just have to read the posts you want and pretend others don't exist.

I had no problems with your post at all! PM me sometime I'd love to go fishing with you!

I'm old school and I honestly only like fishing with Worms, Minnows, Bread, or Corn (mostly because I've tried the jigs, tubes, and fake bait with no luck!). So I tend to catch w/e is biting. I take a picture, I let it go! If you have a problem with it, take it up with someone who cares! Because if you are not breaking any laws then everyone can have their opinion but can't do sh!t about it!

Well I guess this is the end of people posting photos. Its too bad because Thorold fisher was one of the best photo posters.

People get so mad. Why are you so mad?

I guess just post them on your facebook account so your friends can see.

I guess like Don Henley said.. "This is the end of the innocence."

I was just reminiscing about the time when the site admins had a slideshow banner, on the top of the home page, of fish caught around the area. There was that one of the huge Muskie caught in the welland river, and the angler with the million dollar smile. I wonder what kind of arguments that slideshow banner would incite today.

Thorold fisher again I think you should go back and read what i wrote, you are taking this way too personal man. Lets grow some chebos and act like grown men for a second. All this was suppose to mean was to not post pics of fish in prime spawning ground when OOS, nor should you post pictures with backgrounds either but that one is besides the point. Think about what could happen to the fishery when you are ripping prime spawning fish out from the grounds then posting pictures on a site that gets like 5000 hits a day or something like that, seriously thats all I care about. Everyone else is complaining about the " this site you cant post pictures" blah blah keep whining cause I am sure someone cares but it certainly is not me I am not going to feel sorry. I have tried numerous times to get you guys to understand but I guess, if you have not got it yet you will not.

guys since you all missed the point of the post here it is, putting pics of fish is great, putting pics of spots is completly rediculos!!! some guy went and fished a spot maybe he fishs twice a year, or maybe for the fist time catachs a fish and runs home to put it on the net like a hero!! honestly cmon.

This dilema crops up every year on fishing boards . I mentioned a while back that the reg.book needs to have a page at the front about ethics and garbage etc. New anglers are getting a licence every day & really don't have to know what a bass or a pike looks like .....nothing ! Here's the money ,give me the licence to catch fish . We need a page that informs anglers about showing regard for your fellow fishermen , handling fish properly and many other things that we hash over on line . Fishing clubs can contribute ideas as well as an individual . One page written properly can help settle many of the thorny issues we confront on an ongoing basis . I hope the CO's agree that an "ethical" page in the regs would help anglers get the message and be better sportsmen . :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: There are literally thousands of people out there, who fish, that don't even know that Niagarafishing.net exists....And they don't care about any of the fishing forums or the regulations that pertain to fishing....I've witnessed some behaviour at some of the ponds in Thorold, that have almost made me sick........In my opinion, to stop the disagreements that exist on this board, just follow one simple rule: If you don't have anything good to say, then don't say anything at all...............

ok ok. i dont know about you guys but i love to see pics of fish caught. as for catching fish oos... it happens, deal with it. if you were watching us fish with 4lb line and pinner minnows. Any guesses what were after? i get your point but i get thorolds too, None of your business as far as what someone wants to post. as for co officers, they are welcome on my boat any time. myself and all my great friends i fish with are excelent anglers and play by the rules. we do not target oos fish and i like to think no one targets oos fish.

ok ok. i dont know about you guys but i love to see pics of fish caught. as for catching fish oos... it happens, deal with it. if you were watching us fish with 4lb line and pinner minnows. Any guesses what were after? i get your point but i get thorolds too, None of your business as far as what someone wants to post. as for co officers, they are welcome on my boat any time. myself and all my great friends i fish with are excelent anglers and play by the rules. we do not target oos fish and i like to think no one targets oos fish.

You are sadly mistaken my friend!.

This board is not a braggers board but it does happen when an awesome specimen is caught. None of us can avoid Out of season fish. Allot of anglers are just fishing for what's biting so why show them pictures of all the OOS fish you just caught and tell them where with a picture they may recognize.

The whole purpose of this board is to be informative and to get together with like minded people. What kind of information do you want to give to Everyone is your choice. The fish markets in Toronto are looking for our turtles and frogs and many are caught poaching every year well beyond their limits. Poachers are everywhere!

So go ahead and beat your chest about a successful day of catching out of season fish. Thanks for your report it will enrich our lives but perhaps you can blur the background and not tell every "fishin for whatever is biting" angler where you caught them.

Yes I've caught OOS fish this year I will admit it. Where is a secret because no one needs to know.

Sorry TF I loved your snapper pic but I have to agree with Rory

Guest littlebigfish

Signed up just to rant and disrespect members and got myself deleted

________________________________________________________________________________

Hey Dan: Didn't we beat this isue to death 3 or 4 times before. Listen you all know the rules and if you don't then you should learn them.In season out of season It's a pick for petes sake.Use your own common sence,you all know if you post a pic here of an OOS FISH you are going to get your ass jumped, and this is only because we are all worried about the health of our fisheries. :):huh::)Catfish

I'm confused. Is it or is it not o.k then to post a picture in a report? Or is that considered bragging. After looking through the last three pages I couldn't agree more that oos fish pictures shouldn't be posted with recognizable backgrounds. I wish I would have known this before I did this but it was my first time doing a report not to mention my first year on a fishing board period. But after reading a few posts it seems like if u are posting pictures than u are a bragger. I dunno...I love to fish and share an equal appreciation as most of you for our fisheries. However after reading the last post..I will not be posting any more reports as I do not consider myself a bragger.

What is this whole fish "bragging" thing about anyway. So what, you caught a fish, or 20 fish, or 30 fish. If bragging is someone's thing, then they should brag about something worth bragging about, like a hot girlfriend. Post some pics of your woman in a bikini for us!

The last thing I feel like doing after giving my bicep a workout on the water is posting pics on the computer. I go home, clean the gear off, crack a beer, and clean some fish...

In season or out of season......12000 views attracts attention. No way around it. OOS pics shouldn't be posted......or hung on tackle store walls.

Right. Like the guys up in Pembroke using topwaters in late May...."Hey, I can't help it if the bass keep hitting whilst going for walleye." :)

Yeah, incidentals happen, but like I said in my last post: targeting oos fish with intent to release is not an excuse.

who was talking about pembroke i thought this forum was for niagara,

Archived