No tresspassing signs at Marlatts?

Flywire

You should be okay, from what I read on here, they were put up to keep people off the ice in the winter. Have been there a dozen or so times this spring and havn't seen anyone enforcing the signs at all.

its unfortunate that we live in a area that most of the waterways are controlled by the hydro and the niagara region. Thorold ownes a beautiful park in decew that is all

fenced up and is posted! its sick that we cannot use these waterways anymore for fishin!

I was standing literally leaning against the trespassing sign by the 2 pipes. A police officer pulled up and asked if I was having any luck. Then he waved and drove away. LOL

I figured I was safe

Ive notice it as well It would be worth calling OPG asking why better than to assume

Ive notice it as well It would be worth calling OPG asking why better than to assume

Joey why not make the call yourself instead of suggesting it. You've done this before and got clear answers on the contrary to what was said here about Port D right? Just ask them nicely why they don't support our right to fish by blocking us access with these signs. Perhaps they'll give you the unofficial green light kinda thing.

I was standing literally leaning against the trespassing sign by the 2 pipes. A police officer pulled up and asked if I was having any luck. Then he waved and drove away. LOL

I figured I was safe

samething happen to me fishin in dec ew this winter... although the cop asked me what i was catchin and which type of bait i use! i was suprised seein that he was parked behind my vechile readin a newspaper!

I called OPG over a month ago pertaining to these signs.

What I was told is that they will remain up, but not enforced along the shores.

Unless someone is totally abusing the shores. Examples, fires, parties, litter and such.

The reason they will remain up is that the OPG was sued last year in a case

near Ottawa.

OPG won the case, however to avoid cases like this occuring again, the signs

remain up to protect OPG from any possible liability.

As long as we respect these shores, we should be fine.

:D

I called OPG over a month ago pertaining to these signs.

What I was told is that they will remain up, but not enforced along the shores.

Unless someone is totally abusing the shores. Examples, fires, parties, litter and such.

The reason they will remain up is that the OPG was sued last year in a case

near Ottawa.

OPG won the case, however to avoid cases like this occuring again, the signs

remain up to protect OPG from any possible liability.

As long as we respect these shores, we should be fine.

:)

thanks Dan saved me a long distance phone call so its good to fish still eh waiting for carp to show there ugly faces

just a note; the OPG has showed interest in this web site and its reporting. This website does not condone fishing by these signs because one of it's contributors said the OPG said it was alright. Call yourself and find out for sure if your concerned because just because I trust Knightfisher doesn't mean I won't get fined. Anything short of an official statement from the OPG condoning it should be taken lightly.

On another note, respect it and protect it and your more likely to prevent the OPG from focusing too much attention there. If your dumb enough to fish there and get hurt don't file legal action. That kind of person really does erect fences and barriers to partnerships.

Archived