Finished my bucket list today

dr_feelgood

hm thats odd ill look that up. thanks for the links

A very brief google search (entered the words "is cooking with cedar toxic")

Reveals that cooking with Eastern cedar can be bad because it may contain toxic residue.

Always cook with western red cedar!

I'm pretty sure this is the stuff they would sell at the grocery store for that purpose.

I've tried the cedar planked fish and I'd just as soon fry it.

I would never eat a bowfin, carp, muskie or channel cat. I do eat perch, sunfish, crappie, pike, walleye, trout, brown bullhead from northern water...

But to each his own! That video chili posted last year about the southern restaurant that specializes in Carp was pretty intriguing.

Toodle OOh!

Always cook with western red cedar!

I should have mentioned that. And don't go down to the lumber yard for it either as it is probably treated with a preservative. Supermarkets do carry the planks. You can also plank with other woods such as maple, oak and apple. Planking also works well with various meats as well.

Guest LockedInTheTrunkOfACar

Has anyone heard from the good Doc since he dined on the bowfin ???

If so how was it?

It was soooooooooo mushy

I tole you it was a mushy fish .....but did you leesin .....nooooooooo , you have 2 fine out fo yoself !!! :wacko: So.......now ya hafta put inda blender & some tats & crakkers & make de feesh cake !! (add lots of tobasco ole timer) B)

Hey Doc: B) Maybe you should just forget the fish and get naked anyway B) But then again if you only have an hour it will take you that long to find the stringy thing maybe you should just have the fish after all.What are you :o:huh: nuts have you not heard about eating bowfin,dogfish,what ever. the next thing you will be banging on my door looking for more catfish to chase the dogfish and hope the bowfin gets away. You know what just have another brown one and go to Mc Pukes and grab a burg it will be the same thing. :dunno::dunno::wacko: you all know he ended up at McPukes that explains the mushy fish and now he is MIA after McPukes B)Catfish

Archived