Relics in the woods

I have a new hobby. It involves digging up trash and relics from yester year. I am new to it and after hearing the interesting information on the "what have you found whilst fishing thread" was wondering if any body does this hobby as well or knows any places to dig for these?

I have found a few bottles so far.

eriksbottles003.jpg

eriksbottles004.jpg

eriksbottles005.jpg

Guest Rockfish

That's pretty cool still finding old bottles like that. Most likely 1970's or older. Here's bottles and cans I've collected over the years in my fishing travels, most are from the Muskoka and Owen Sound area and a couple spots in between.

Oldbottles.jpg

Oldcans.jpg

OlderBottles.jpg

I have a new hobby. It involves digging up trash and relics from yester year. I am new to it and after hearing the interesting information on the "what have you found whilst fishing thread" was wondering if any body does this hobby as well or knows any places to dig for these?

I have found a few bottles so far.

eriksbottles003.jpg

eriksbottles004.jpg

eriksbottles005.jpg

Those be 60's and 70's era bottles. Used to go to Mr Byes store and get a six pack out of the big water cooled coolers every weekend. Nickel a pop and 1 cent deposit.

Guest Rockfish
Those be 60's and 70's era bottles. Used to go to Mr Byes store and get a six pack out of the big water cooled coolers every weekend. Nickel a pop and 1 cent deposit.

Geez are u old B) , jk only 4 yrs older but I still don't remember a nickel a pop or a 1 cent deposit. At least 10 cents from what I remember. B) I got the right age era anyway and they sell old bottles like those at the Jordan flea market for about $1 each.

That's pretty cool still finding old bottles like that. Most likely 1970's or older. Here's bottles and cans I've collected over the years in my fishing travels, most are from the Muskoka and Owen Sound area and a couple spots in between.

Oldbottles.jpg

Oldcans.jpg

OlderBottles.jpg

Nice bottles! some look pretty old

That wide brown one at the bottom looks like my old Geritol bottles ! B) Man, that stuff perks up the geezers ! My bud bought a cottage on Rabbit L. just outside of Temagami in the 70's & the cottage was old then ! There was a small dump behind the cottage to dispose of bottles & cans . I found many old pop bottles , milk bottles & some looked like medicine & old booze mickeys ....should have grabbed them & cleaned them up . I'll bet Port harbour etc. have a few old bottles lying on the bottom . I would suggest looking around old country homes & barns for bottles . They must be a chore to clean up ! The Sunday flea market at Jordan beside Butterballs might have some old bottles for sale for cheap . If I find any old bottles I will save them for you Eric . B)

That wide brown one at the bottom looks like my old Geritol bottles ! B) Man, that stuff perks up the geezers ! My bud bought a cottage on Rabbit L. just outside of Temagami in the 70's & the cottage was old then ! There was a small dump behind the cottage to dispose of bottles & cans . I found many old pop bottles , milk bottles & some looked like medicine & old booze mickeys ....should have grabbed them & cleaned them up . I'll bet Port harbour etc. have a few old bottles lying on the bottom . I would suggest looking around old country homes & barns for bottles . They must be a chore to clean up ! The Sunday flea market at Jordan beside Butterballs might have some old bottles for sale for cheap . If I find any old bottles I will save them for you Eric . B)

Thanks smerch! great story and you don't have to hold onto the bottles for my sake, you enjoy them it feels more rewarding if you find them yourself B)

Tonnes of empty booze bottles in my farmers woodlot. Prolly goes there to drink the ones I gave him at Christmas so he doesn't have to deal with the wife :P

Archived