Fun fishing today!

Well Bondar and myself had the day off so we decided to hit a couple of local spots. Started off on my Granny's back porch, drowned worms for a couple hours before deciding it wasn't gonna happen there, good thing the fish basket was full of keepers!

P5140911.jpg

Moved to another spot I knew and got into the fish pretty much right way, Bondar needs to learn to use my camera, sun killed a bunch of the pic's but still managed to get shots of some of the fish from today.

First fish after the move was a 10+ Carp

P5140913.jpg

The action was steady for me, got a few cats and a white perch (Bondar screwed up the pics) and the Jeff caught this BEAST!

P5140919.jpg

P5140921.jpg

This is the biggest carp I've seen in a long time, figure it was between 20 and 25lbs (Ya know its big when trout guys get excited about crap)

The action was pretty much constant until dark here's some of the other fish we got, my bro and his buddy showed up by canoe and got into the action (well my bro anyway).

P5140926.jpg

P5140932.jpg

P5140935.jpg

P5140938.jpg

P5140939.jpg

Had a ton more pic's of fish but ya can only post so many in one topic here, my fav. is Bondar's homemade "Redneck Bite Alarm"

P5140927.jpg

Nothing like having you're 9'6 IMX rattlin around between two cans to let ya know ya got a fish on!

Nothing wrong with too easy when you have good friends and some time on your hands. You guys got quite the mixed bag there eh? Looks like some commons, crucian and a goldfish. I Love grandma's back yard btw. Try some spoons like the cyclops or some #5 bucktails there and perhaps some long A's come summer.

Best report I've seen in awhile. Thanks for sharing :worthy:

Guest Shayno

Great report!! That Carp is mammoth!! Good job boys!!

Goldfish???? LOL

What a bonus!!

Looks like fun Jeff, maybe I'll have to get in on that sometime? I'll bring the beers!!

Great report!! That Carp is mammoth!! Good job boys!!

Goldfish???? LOL

What a bonus!!

Looks like fun Jeff, maybe I'll have to get in on that sometime? I'll bring the beers!!

Strickly for the bite alarm of course :worthy:

Good job on the fish guys.

I'm trying to locate Bondar now, probably give it another go in the morning. But this time bring a regular sized net (and scale), we only brought the one we did to put the beer in and leave in the creek, turns out we were needing it every 10 min or so to get a fish out of the water with. Jeff's big carp was coming in like a log, until I threw a rock in the water right beside it, must have woke it up or something, cause it took off and he ended up fighting it for another 10 to 15 min!! My bro and his buddy paddled a canoe down to visit us from up the creek a few properties, my bro caught a few cats and that gold fish and lost a couple bigger cats, his buddy would end up stingin fish on the hookset or getting a few cranks in and losing em, probably caught close to 30 fish yesterday in the short time we were down there. It was just about having fun, have a few beers and unwinding after a long season of trout fishing. As for my granny's place, the water is still too cold right now for the fish to be in that close, last year we got 300+ fish over the summer with the majory being white perch and sheephead. We really don't have to bother casting lures off there, just dunk live bait and wait, usually can pick up a ton of fish just before dark, but then the bugs end up carrying ya out! Last season the biggest fish we got there was a 12lb carp, my bro got a smallie that was almost 8lbs, thats how most nights after work are spend for many of us down in NOTL.

nice report man, carp, trout or even goldfish. if your target for the day was having fun and getting into a few fish you succeeded! and tossin Bondar a few cheap shots makes for good fun, he takes em as good as he gives em :)

Archived