Bowfishing

DarkEdge

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Window unit, came out of an apartment. Not very big, but runs like a champ. Kept an 850 sq. ft. apartment cool.

or maybe the MNR has a loophole for fishing for invasives without a license, if you can prove you're fishing for invasives, which you obviously can, if you are fishing with boilies and corn. LOL.

I figured you could use the info from your bank (if you have an account set up here) and residence information to prove you live here. I'de look into that

I've applied for permanent residency, so until I get that, I'm still considered a visitor. Which means non-resident license. If they ask for ID, I only have a US passport or Oklahoma license. Highly doubt any CO would be happy to see a resident fishing license and a non-resident form of ID.

Are you not a Canadian Citizen yet? If you are there is a free fishing week coming up this summer where no licence is required. Book your vacation now.

If it's legal you can do it. If you want to show pics of your legal day out you can. I was just warning you it wouldn't be popular that's all. Not everything I do or say is popular here either but I still do. I would love to join you for a carp archery hunt. I heard they taste like hygrade tuna

Asian carp are EXCELLENT. Grilled is best. They don't fry so well, because they tend to crumble.

Chilli, if you know where there's a sizable number of them with good shore conditions (not a lot of rocks, they tend to splinter arrows), I'll gladly let you have a few shots at some.

To save your @$$ and the @$$es of those who don't want to see pics of impaled carp, name the topic something like "Carp Bowfishing: NSFW" or something along those lines. Mind you, I'm sure someone will get their backs up anyway. It's just the way some people are.

I'd just as soon get emails of anyone who wants to see them. Safer for those who don't want to see them. I'd post that I went out, and pictures were available, just send me a message with your email. If someone sent me a message, got the pictures, and then decided to complain about it, they asked for it. So I think I'll keep my bowfishing pictures by request only.

Are you not a Canadian Citizen yet? If you are there is a free fishing week coming up this summer where no licence is required. Book your vacation now.

If it's legal you can do it. If you want to show pics of your legal day out you can. I was just warning you it wouldn't be popular that's all. Not everything I do or say is popular here either but I still do. I would love to join you for a avian carp archery hunt. I heard they taste like hygrade tuna

When is that free fishing period, Chilli? I checked the book, didn't find anything about it. Is it on the MNR website? Vacation isn't a problem, I can't work in Canada yet (thus not having a fishing license yet).

When is that free fishing period, Chilli? I checked the book, didn't find anything about it. Is it on the MNR website? Vacation isn't a problem, I can't work in Canada yet (thus not having a fishing license yet).

http://www.familyfishingweekend.com/Summer.cfm

"Canadian residents"

If you can't buy a Canadian license buy a non resident one.

That's seems to be the problem captnn. He can't afford one yet so he's here torturing himself until he gets the money. Myself I would have scrapped the internet for a couple months, paid for the licence and went fishing! Give up the take out or drop the girlfriend DE until you save enough to go fishing :lol:

No girlfriend. Wife. And she's the one that works. I save change. But as soon as I can sell this air conditioner! Any takers?

That's seems to be the problem captnn. He can't afford one yet so he's here torturing himself until he gets the money. Myself I would have scrapped the internet for a couple months, paid for the licence and went fishing! Give up the take out or drop the girlfriend DE until you save enough to go fishing :P

Oh, and so you know, chilli, she reads the forum too. She's not registered, but she reads over them.

How much will that end up costing me?

The worms are free . Just pick them. Give me 500 and I'll buy your license. If it's too much of a problem don't worry about it.

Archived