camping 2010

tmate

well fishing addict and I returned from our camping trip exactly a week ago and now that he finally put the pictures on the computer i decided i would be the one who would step up and make the post....as some of you may remember we went camping last year around this time and had good luck bass fishing on a private lake near barrys bay ontario....This year we headed back to the exact same location but this time we brought 4 friends along...This year the fishing was just insane...If i had to guess the fish to cast ratio it would probably be about 1 fish for every 4/5 casts....didnt matter what day or what time of day...these fish just wouldnt stay off the hook. Although i feel fishing addict may have beat me in total fish caught i definetly won the award for big fish with one smallmouth just shy of 5lbs and another just shy of 4lbs....the larger fish were released and the fish we kept were all in the 1-2 pound range...here are some pics for you guys:

fish14.jpg

fish13.jpg

fish15.jpg

fish12.jpg

fish11.jpg

fish10.jpg

fish9.jpg

fish8.jpg

fish7.jpg

fish6.jpg

fish5.jpg

fish4.jpg

fish3.jpg

fish2.jpg

fish.jpg

to show you how hungry the fish really were i have one last picture to share...if you look in his stomach its the tube that i had been fishing with...had to cute the line and wait until we cleaned it to get my tube back lol

fish16.jpg

Great reflection shot. Usually when that many young guys go north their are more drunken photos then fish because they're too hung over to go fishing the second/3rd day :D.

Great report.

Very good report , thanks for the photos ! That lake must be full of bass ....any other species caught ? Man , that bass gulped down that tube fast .....should have waited a few minutes & pulled it out from the other end ! :D

haha ya thanks guys...it was a great time

there are a few different lakes up there to fish and on a day trip to one of the other lakes we didn't really do to well but i did manage to catch a few bass and little pike. On the lake we camped on all we could catch were smallmouth bass and we saw schools of baby perch swimming close to shore. From what i've heard its all bass fishing up there and the pike that i caught on the other lake was extremely rare

now that sounds like a fun trip I need to get myself a job to try spots like this it is almost like the first time I went to the french I couldn't keep the bass off my line.

Archived