7lb gibson bass

tmate

well i was not the only one in the boat when that cat was caught it was as long as my boat is wide and i measured it out my boat is wide and thats 48 inches long have you ever caught one that big no and i have a few picks of bass that are around the same size as that one except my arms are not fully extended i just made i point no need to flame me and that cat was a monster

it is a big bass but not seven lbs prob five and a half

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DSCN3061.jpg

Well, I compare the size of that cat to the size of the cats that have been posted on here as part of a nondescript Dunnville area/ Grand River catfishing derby. They were announced as 24 lbs being the winner. and they looked big enough to eat a small child.

So I also compare it to the size of the cigarette in your mouth and say it'd have to be 12-15 pounds at the most.

Nuttin' to get all edgy about, but until you have a photo of the fish on a scale, there is no positive confirmation of anything.

So. next time you catch a big kitty like that, take it to a location that has a government inspected toledo scale like at the sc g&f and get a photo of it being weighed to confirm the weight.

Keep smiling though! It doesn't matter that your cat was only 11 pounds, we still enjoy you as a member on nfn.net ™

i have a picture of a seventeen lb cat in my room which was my previous pb cat which i was on Canadian sportfishing with it and i was weighted 17 lbs on a scale

the cat i got this year was twice as big

as maxco he was the one that netted the fish and pulled it in the boat he will tell you it was no 15lb cat

I'll give it 20. It's a decently thick fish, does have length, but it's still a channel. I know they get big, my PB in the south was a 30 pound channel. And a 30 pound channel is near to 48" long. Going off the width of your shoulders, Rob, for average build, that gives you about a 20" shoulder span. That fish is every bit of 12" longer than your span, so that puts it at 32" inches. Now, I'll concede that you're turned slightly, and the fish has it's tail curled up. Giving that, I'll benefit another 4", bringing your OAL to 36".

And a 36" channel is 15-25 pounds. Maybe if it was a flathead, then a 36" fish could clear 30 pounds without a problem. I've seen a 60" flathead that tipped the scales at just over 65 pounds.

My two cents boys.

I was in the boat with Rob & netted the cat. I can attest it was a BEAST! I had to choke up on the net to get him in....Whether it was 20lbs or 30 lbs I don't know, we didn't have a scale, but it was HEAVY! and definitely the width of the boat....

Just my 2 c.

not one to argue about the size of a fish but given the last photo and my thoughts are that at first glance the 2nd is way bigger but robs pic it kinda looks about the same length as that one and being the pick only shows the top of the fish, it could verrywell have a large belly like the 24lber, so i think its possible it could be bigger than it looks in the pics, not tryin to stick up for him or anything

Archived