7lb gibson bass

tmate

i was checkin the weather for thorold and came across this picture in the gallery....if you're a member on here congratssss!!

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/your_weat...ugc_city_thumbs

as for myself i just got back from upnorth but the trip was mostly catch and release and didnt really take to many pics...ill be headin out fishing tomorrow and try to get some picture worthy ones for you guys

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

holy mother mary thats huge I wonder what it was caught on? I stole the pic and posting it on here to make it easier to see.

BigBass.jpg

looks like the west side of Marlatts Road to me.

Yeah I think your right there rich looks like it, the guy said in the picture on the link said it was caught and released which is good, that bass destroys my previous gibson bass caught right where that guy was heck it could be the same fish, I caught mine only 2 years ago, ill be back there in the next couple of weeks since were supposed to get some cooler temps so that should hopefully lower the water temp, I find the best times for bass there are just after opener and in september when the water temps start to lower.

15-09-08_1616.jpg

yup, everywhere is slow right now because of water temps. the fish are all at, or below the thermocline, which starts to shrink in September, which brings the fish back up shallower. if I remember Biology from RMC correctly, Bass are usually within a 5 foot layer of the thermocline at this time of year, which explains why they are being caught in deep water swims, such as the Niagara River and not shallow swims like lake Gibson. a temperature probe would confirm this if you had one while fishing.

I agree/ Cats and Carp don't seem to mind the water temperature and even seem to thrive in the warmer water. most other fish don't like the warm water, with the exception of a few species. this hot weather has sucked for everyone, except the guys in boats. LOL...............and us Rootbeer River anglers too. :Gonefishing:

forgot the 12 mile boys too. LOL

that looks about the same size (maby the same one) i caught out of there about 2 years ago on nothin but a single worm. no pics or measurements cause i didnt actually land it it came unhooked when i decited to pull/reel it out of the water instead of picking it up out of the water after i reeled it in but my gues was around 24" huge! the next day me and my girlfriend caught about 10 1-2lb largies each in under 2 hours. only good days ive really had there though

That first pic sure looks like Rockbass markings to me. Can anyone confirm the fish for sure as a large mouth or a rockbass.

The first fish pictured in the thread??

If thats a rock bass, then its the world goddam record rock bass.

Or maybe you're being a smart ass. I'm still a newb, so I don't really know what everyone's sense of humour is like yet.

The first fish pictured in the thread??

If thats a rock bass, then its the world goddam record rock bass.

Or maybe you're being a smart ass. I'm still a newb, so I don't really know what everyone's sense of humour is like yet.

Ya I hope your right too -_-

All I can say is wow. How did the weather network get that photo before we did? :Gonefishing:

Nice largie!!!!!Pulled alot of 5 pounders out of that pond (middle pond?) when we used to take the alumnium and electric in there many years back. But never seen one that big in there. Before firemans was drained years back seen a certified 7 pd 7 oz largie come out of there. Shows they dont need a whole lot of water to really grow to great size.

yeah, he's deffinitely holding it closer to the camera and that makes it look bigger. although, I will admit that the size is deffinitely big, just by the position and size of his hands in relation to the fish. I am betting closer to 6lbs, based on some 7-8 pounders I've seen come out of the lakes around Syracuse, NY.

Archived