Kadiddiling in the kitchen

packrat

After four attempts finally got it right-----I think :unsure:

Crabapples have been a bumper crop this year and if you can find some wild ones the price is right.

First try didnt turn out too bad but onle got a couple jars out of it.

Second try also not too bad---little on the runny side. Turned out what I used wasnt crabapples but some sort of hybrid apple without the tart taste I was looking for.

Third try was with ----apples off the trees around my building which are just loaded. What a disaster---overcooked the mix and the jelly I got was like rubber :rolleyes: Just about threw in the towel----but decided to try ONE MORE TIME----only this time did it by the numbers.

Fourth and last BY GEORGE I THINK I GOT IT. Sixteen measured cups of apples when processed made four cups of juice :dunno: Boiled the stuff up this morning, threw away the thermometer and waited for it to reach the jelly stage purely by eyeball method.

Here's the results:

Sept152010Crabapplejelly004.jpg

One more beauty shot:

Sept152010Crabapplejelly001.jpg

Looks good Gord , I'm a big fan of jams & jellies . We have a freezer full of black berries which will be boiled down to make jelly ....the best jelly I have ever tasted ! Peanut butter & jelly on a bagel .....2di4 mmmm :deadhorse:

Archived