Sept 21/2010

packrat

After the usual routine of will I or wont I decided to head out to try for some last minute brookies under the cover of broad daylight :rolleyes:

Hit up the first pool and its looking prime so I get down to it. Tonight was the night to travel light with just a few hooks sinkers and pliers along with a doz juicy dewies and alitlle 6' rod.

First cast? and somebody was home so we played feed the fishes for a bit. ( I"m teasing them with just a LITTLE piece of worm on a barbless hook) Along comes a guy walking his dog--dog not on leash--dog decides to visit----guy calls dog---dog goes to its owner-----RIGHT THRU THE POOL I'M FISHING. Figured that was it but gave it a try anyway---------and came up with a nice little spec around 6". Sorry no pics.

Moved down the line away to try one more pool and this one is even looking better. Start flippin dewies again and this place was loaded?----only not what I expected. Out come creek minnows and three/four chubs that gave a good account of themselves. They all went back to swim another day.

Might try again before the end of the month---just for fun mind you---place deserves c & r so that's what it'll get.

A string of those chub will make a nice snack Gord ! Fry them like smelts , add some chips & a bottle or two of vino , and you will be a happy hooker ! I didn't do so well today either, at the 12 .....using small chub-minnows . It seems the bite was slow today ,from a few posts I read.....a little unsettled weather moving in .....

Archived