Oct 17 2010

packrat

Havent been out much lately with the big guy so after a quick call we decide to head for Woodstock for another kick at the cat.

Pick him up at 8ish and he's late as usual <_< Decide to pick up a couple doz minnows on the way out of town and endure "another" visit to the local Timmies.

Pull into the parking lot around 9ish, wander off down to OUR spot and proceed to flail away at it. He strikes gold first with a decent jumbo perch and follows up with a nice smallie---this is all within the first fifteen minutes. Starts with the trash talk. Settled down then and the bite was on/off the rest of the morning.

Fished until just after 1---went throught the minnows anyway. Came away with 16 perch, 2 smallies. Caught one pike around 2#(released to grow for another year). We both lost a couple good fish as well---real good bass for Ollie(quick release :pardon: ) couple noseeums for me.

Was a beauty fall day with mild temps---really enjoyed seeing the ducks/geese flying around.

Glad to hear the two of you are still slaying em. The smerch and I were trying to do the same thing in Port D with less than stellar results. The Smerchly did have a nice ski on for a bit.

It's nice to hear you & Ollie are catching some fish .....got yourselves a good dinner there !

Ya Bruce I got a look at that ski until it went ballistic and headed out to the harbour . It had some nice colours and it bent my thin wire aberdeen perch hook out enough to get off . ......and I had my heavy duty killer ski rod right in the van !!! <_<

Archived