ice bungalows lake nippissing

Smitty

anyone ever been to nippissing in their bungalows? any comments are appreciated

thanks

I am guessing you are looking for recommendations for an outfitter? One of the best I know is Rob Hyatt Outdoors. Quality operation. He books up quick.

I have a friend that is in a bungalow on nippising as i wrire this.He goes to the same outfiter every year and say's it is top notch service & fishing.I will ask him when he get's home on mon for the name where he stays and ask about this years trip.I will keep you posted & hopfully you are not goin up before next week.

The wife and I were out there for the New Years weekand. We were there from Fri to Mon for in a four man hut. We went out of Idyltyme(south side). What a weekand it was. Shawn the owner basically gauranteed us we'd be on fish. Boy he was'nt wrong.

However we could'nt fish till midnight so we had a few pops to kill some time. We fished for a few hrs. after midnight and hit 3 Walleys(2-3lbs) and 2 Lings(one being 12-14lbs. The next two days we hit hit a few more Walleyes including a 5-6lber. and few more more Lings, a Herring and lots of perch. We found that the morning bite was best between 6-11 for the Walleyes. We even had two double headers. The afternoon/night bite was also productive the one day between 3-6. Lost a few at the holes also. The g/f even landed a Blue Walleye never seen one of those before and we also hit something big that snapped the line(Pike or Muskie) All in it was a great weekand. Cant wait to go back.

i was up a few years ago later in the season and the fish had moved away from the opperators huts...paid alot of money to have to travel around the lake to find fish....only caught a couple eyes out of hut in 3 days! had a great time but make sure you find out how the fishin is before you commit or bring a machine incase you need to move around!

I've gone up a bunch of years to South Shore. Cara Lee & Garnett are great. The huts are really nice and clean. I have usually gone on the last ice weekend and for the most part the fishing has been good. We stay in the 6 or 8 man huts and I think it was from a Thurs-Sunday.

Calender Bay used to be a good place to ice fish but I don't hear much about it lately . A few yrs. ago I won a free ice fishing adventure to Nip. at Waltonian Inn , took 2 buddys with me for the days fishing , but it was very slow , a few perch , one eye and one whitefish . I also stayed at IdleTymes but that was in the spring . We liked the cottage, fishing and the service was great . ( a few new owners since) . Looking forward to your Nippissing report .:Gonefishing:

Bill that was in Like 1920 wasn't it

LOL

Not quite that far back ........we even had a black & white TV in our cottage !! And there was no such thing as a WALLEYE !B)

but Pickeral are tech small pike, and should be called walleye to not confuse people who don't know how to tell species apart

Pickerel is what Canajuns call em. Walleye was a foreign Americain word :deadhorse:

The word entered our vocabulary via such early American show hosted by the Lindners and Winkelman in the 80's.

Never heard "Red" use that word. ;)

Pickerel is what Canajuns call em. Walleye was a foreign Americain word :deadhorse:

The word entered our vocabulary via such early American show hosted by the Lindners and Winkelman in the 80's.

Never heard "Red" use that word. ;)

Neither did Gababout. Names from the past for the newbies.

The wife and I were out there for the New Years weekand. We were there from Fri to Mon in a four man hut. We went out of Idyltyme(south side). What a weekand it was. Shawn the owner basically gauranteed us we'd be on fish. Boy he was'nt wrong.

However we could'nt fish till midnight so we had a few pops to kill some time. We fished for a few hrs. after midnight and hit 3 Walleys(2-3lbs) and 2 Lings(one being 12-14lbs. The next two days we hit hit a few more Walleyes including a 5-6lber. and few more more Lings, a Herring and lots of perch. We found that the morning bite was best between 6-11 for the Walleyes. We even had two double headers. The afternoon/night bite was also productive the one day between 3-6. Lost a few at the holes also. The g/f even landed a Blue Walleye never seen one of those before and we also hit something big that snapped the line(Pike or Muskie) All in it was a great weekand. Cant wait to go back. Thanks to Shawn.

Not to break your bubble but blue pickeral are extinct. It might have had a blue color to it but it was not a blue.

Archived