Ice Shacks

fishcatch

It's unbelievable how we parade around preaching how to pick-up our garbage and such, along the shoreline where we fish so it does not give the angler (fisherman-Fisherwoman) a bad name and yet there is still two ice shacks out on the canal at the point in Dain City.

Good grief.

So those ice shacks are now considered garbage on the ice left by anglers that the Seaway Authority has to remove, and nobody can tell us that we did not have enough time to remove them.

Shame on the anglers........

I don't normally agree with strictly negative posts but you make a good point. Hopefully no one from the seaway gets hurt cleaning up their garbage and they don't kick people off next winter or fence off access.

I have pictures I took over 10 yrs.ago of ice shacks & a pile of garbage at the same location . It's amazing they haven't fenced it all off and put up no fishing signs , but I'm sure that will happen . We cannot get the message out to the jerks who leave their mess for othesr to clean up . I believe they really don't know any better and probably live in a pig sty themselves . We can only do so much to pick up after these useless brain dead slobs . There are ways to teach these morons a lesson if I know what vehicle they drive......rolleyes.gif I hope we can soon organize a clean up for Rooker Rd. at Port Dal . plus the other spots there . There is a lot of trash where the tree line and road meet from winter anglers as well as people who park & eat there and use the area for their waste disposal site. It's wet and muddy there now ,so maybe give it a week & we can get the rakes & shovels out .

No different than last year, there was a couple shacks i saw left to die. the people who leave them on, think it's ok to leave them, cause they'll just sink and go away. A buddy of mine who i take fishing once in a while likes to leave his garbage lying around, cause it'll just sink when the ice melts, but he gets pissed when he finds garbage around his house.

on a side note, i was walking down the beach yesterday and since the snow is gone, you wouldn't believe all the garbage thats washed up, and not east stuff to pick up, little bits of plastic and junk, it's getting bad out there.

Its sad....Maybe a Seaway Posse is needed to monitor Dain City and Ramey's Bend? :rolleyes:

Even a sign saying overnight structures will be taken away (or torched) wink.gif Someday there will be cameras everywhere and that will suit me fine . If that idea helps catch people who dump , including dumping after dark , that works for me !!

SMILE.......eyes are watching you ! .......click smile.gif

Just make anyone down in ths area register or put your name on a hut you plan to leave on the ice like they do on L Simcoe. If the hut is not off the ice by a certain date you are charged. Works up there.

Just make anyone down in ths area register or put your name on a hut you plan to leave on the ice like they do on L Simcoe. If the hut is not off the ice by a certain date you are charged. Works up there.

Sounds like the right solution to me. If it is left up it's supposed to be registered with the MNR. Unfortunately, the slobs are not going to behave themselves on our account, or the law's for that matter. They need to be busted. Else the same problem repeats every year.

March 15 is a little late in this area , and yes ,I agree it would be easy to rip off the reg. number and let the hut sink .......We could take pictures of these huts showing the reg.numbers and prove who owned the hut if left to sink . Big fines help to deter.......but it seems our law makers make it too cheap to leave garbage anywhere .......dunno.gif

Archived