Killing Time In T.o.

minnow killer

I've been given orders from my wife, and i'm driving her and her sister to toronto sunday for something VERY boring. hair stylist show. So i am looking for advise on where i can throw a line for a few hours, looking for something kinda easy, when i get the call to come back i cant be walking too far to the truck, so a peir, or something like that would be ok. I just dont really know much about the area if it's not attached to the 401 or the qew.

Dave Mercer is doing a seminar at Bass Pro on Sunday at 1pm. Easy trip up the 427, 401 east, 400 north.

Spadina Quay is a great fishing spot. I lived in Queens Quay for 10 years in TO and I always has great success off the pier and around the old malting silo. Just follow Spadina to the waterfront and there is a parking lot just past the music garden.

Try Grenadier Pond in High Park... Some really good pike fishing, there are bass there too (not that you can fish for them now). There's always lake Ontario, Eglington Flats (@ Jane and Eglington), There's the reservoir in the G Ross Lord park just a bit north Dufferin and Finch across from Highland Farms, there's Crangs Pond (behind where St. Basil's used to be, I think it's a community centre now), and the Humber Marsh..

Grenadier Pond: Pike, Bass, Crappie, Sunfish...

Lake O: Same as you would get here.

Eglington Flats: All I've ever caught there were LOTS of Bullhead (heard of there being Bass and Pike, but not so sure of that)

G Ross Lord reservoir: Carp and Goldfish

Crang's Pond: Carp, Goldfish, Sunfish.

Oh, you can always try that Pond in Scarborough, I've never been there, but I've heard that it's good.

BTW, they're all places that you can park, fish, then go. I wasn't sure where the wife's show is, so i gave you a few different spots around the city. GOOD LUCK!!

Archived