Cormorants

marktheperchman

is it me or do these vermin of the waters seem to stay here longer in the fall and come back earlier each spring? i was out on legends golf course this afternoon and i saw one take off from the big pond by the club house. i didnt think they could handle water temps this cold. on a better note i saw two pairs of wood ducks on one of the smaller ponds

I did a post about them during the mid ice fishing season . They couldn't fly because they had a ball of frozen ice hanging from their tails . Since L.Ont. doesn't freeze , some of them stay all winter .....much like the geese .

BTW......I saw a goose yesterday that was dragging a big ball of mono line from one leg . I walked toward the goose to try and grab the line ,& as it walked towards the harbour it was able to kick this wad of line from it's foot , luckily . I might have had a fight on my hands if I got a hold on that line ! ......Sad to see there are anglers who don't have enough common sense to pick up their excess line ........wall.gif

Hey smerch, Don't be so quick to say the line is from anglers leaving a mess, I'm sure some of it is washed up from snapped lines and snags. I've lost half a spool a couple times

Archived