Oos Bass Annual

larry b

Time to start taking pics and vids so you can show them to the CO's.

Excellent idea!

Tell me where they are I will gladly go video tape that and submit it to CO's or we can go there and hand out regulation books.

good idea but im no lawyer but vids and pics are not sumissable in court unless takin by the COs themselves...... just sayin.....LOL why dont ya teach um not to fish for bass!

:clapping: Yes Larry B the C/Os do read this site, they may not respond but do keep an eye. All the info you can get for them will be very helpfull. Catfish

I never knew that amateur video submitted to CO's would not be submissible in court unless taken by them, but I am sure if someone does send any evidence to CO's then if would be enough for them to do their own investigation into the matter.

I never knew that amateur video submitted to CO's would not be submissible in court unless taken by them, but I am sure if someone does send any evidence to CO's then if would be enough for them to do their own investigation into the matter.

Exactly. And lots of photographic and video evidence used in investigations never sees court.

And maybe they don't know any better and are just fishing? Besides it's cold and bass aren't gonna hit spinner baits unless the water temps are very warm and we haven't had enough of that weather yet. Why don't you ask them what they are fishing for and educate them before bashing them when your not sure. Great to see a new member so worried about conservation can;t wait to see more of your posts :Gonefishing:

I'm pretty sure that type of thing is admissable, BUT the person who took it needs to be present to testify to it's authenticity.....

Very true ....

Chilli has a plausible reason as to what is happening, education for these anglers would be in their best interest.

Snap away!!People get nervous when someone starts taking pics of them (thieves casing out a place,poachers, dope dealers, child molesters,people cheating on spouse ect.ect!) They don't like the fact that they have had their identity recorded and will usually leave immediately or start swearing

at you ! Either way you got the message to them that their crimes have not gone unnoticed! Carry your camera always and when you see something fishy going on snap away !It works!!

And maybe they don't know any better and are just fishing? Besides it's cold and bass aren't gonna hit spinner baits unless the water temps are very warm and we haven't had enough of that weather yet. Why don't you ask them what they are fishing for and educate them before bashing them when your not sure. Great to see a new member so worried about conservation can;t wait to see more of your posts :Gonefishing:

lol everytime I post its in between someone elses post argh!

I am not sure of that post was directed twords me but I am technically not a new member here, I had a couple hundred posts here in the past when a gentlemen named Rick owned this site, and then one day I went to log in and my account was deleted (probably for inactivity) and it had a new owner.

Anyways...

I made it a point to not take part in any forum for a long time because I did not log in often enough to keep up with posts, but since my Ol'e young Lady broke the news to me that she was pregnant in December 2009 I decided to stay home a little more to save money and in September 2010 when my first child was born, I have lots of time to stay home now and take care of my family and do a little fishing rather than partying and that's why I have been a little more active with my new account on this forum lately.

Now back on topic,

I have had my run ins with people that have total disregard for the law and the outdoors and some times it may seem like I was jumping on them right off the bat, but I am not, remember, its just typed words on a screen and I apologize if it seems harsh to you or anyone.

Trust me, I would rather see people educated rather than proscecuted. Years ago I too did not pay attention to regulations and caught a OOS smallmouth and posted a picture of it, it was released but I fully understand how people make mistakes. we are human.

Every spring it's the same story. whether it be Beaverdams, Martindale, the Rec, Jordan. There are always people who don't think the rules apply to them. Then there are those who think they have a cute excuse for getting around the rules.

I say crucify em!

Guest LockedInTheTrunkOfACar

1-877-TIPS-MNR(847-7667)

1-877-TIPS-MNR(847-7667)

1-877-TIPS-MNR(847-7667)

1-877-TIPS-MNR(847-7667)

1-877-TIPS-MNR(847-7667)

Write that down, keep it in the tackle bag ... the MNR does respond. A bunch of the board members years ago witnessed their response to a problem in Port Dalhousie ... a call was made ... and the MNR came down and laid a few charges.

1-877-TIPS-MNR(847-7667)

1-877-TIPS-MNR(847-7667)

1-877-TIPS-MNR(847-7667)

1-877-TIPS-MNR(847-7667)

1-877-TIPS-MNR(847-7667)

Write that down, keep it in the tackle bag ... the MNR does respond. A bunch of the board members years ago witnessed their response to a problem in Port Dalhousie ... a call was made ... and the MNR came down and laid a few charges.

Unlike a drivers or hunting license , anyone can walk into Can.Tire etc. and buy a fishing license with absolutely no knowledge about fishing . We expect them to read & understand the regs. on their first fishing trip ? ....Ain't going to happen ! I believe many anglers do not know the rules and some don't acknowledge the rules . Do you think it's time to have written tests for the basics like fish I.D. (invasive species) , fish handing , fish limits (slot sizes) and of course , erasing your foot prints when you leave . Until we get more aggressive with this issue and "imprint" the garbage problem into the minds of some anglers , we are .......:deadhorse:.

1877mnrtips :ninja:

Yes if they are doing something wrong and they know it they will flee as soon as a camera points in their direction. :clapping:

Calling that TIPS line doesn't work instantly and no swat team will descend on the poacher however; with regulars calls to certain areas a pattern starts to form and it gets added to other patterns and before long you have regular visits to the area by CO's. Is the system flawed? Yes of coarse it is, we don't have enough CIO's to scare guys into just remaining honest but that's the sad reality we have to work with as do the CO's. They don't spend hours just sitting in a truck or coffee shop; they're pretty much maxed out :(

And since CO's have been officially added to the endangered species list in the Niagara Region and Ontario, you can call the OPP, and I believe local NRP's (correct me if I'm wrong).

I agree with what some of the other contributors have said "education first, prosecution second"

I don't agree with the bass season open/close date, but I do respect the law and don't want to be a poacher. The US side has a trophy bass season where it opens early but has size restrictions as well as artificials bait only (FYI). Personally, I would much rather fish Erie for some hogs than the Dams for piglets!

GREAT IDEA! THEN TAKE HIS PICTURE! LOL

Sorry bud no hard feelings, congrats on the little one :)

Apologies aren't needed :) Sometimes it's hard to see what people's expressions are when they type on forums, happens all the time.

I guess my last post lastnight ended up being my re-introduction. Thanks for the congrats.

Back on topic, that is the craziest thing I ever heard, a seventeen year old kid got arrested by an NRP officer for not having a fishing license? absurd.

Maybe if we can't have enough CO's in Niagara then the NRP might want to consider training a few officers on the basic fishing laws here? just a thought.

Just for the record, I have never been stopped or asked for proof of my fishing license ever, by anyone.

Archived