Pflueger Reels

Helron

Just picked up 2 reels one for the son and I, he tried his out for a bit yesterday and raved about it. We both had new Mitchells last year which turned out to be junk!!! We have a big fishing weekend planned and did not want to be risking using the Mitchells, I know it is to late now but was wondering if anyone else uses them and what their thoughts are about them?

I bought a 300X when Mitchell first brought them out. They were supposed to be as good, or better than, the original 300 or 300A. What an absolute piece of crap. Lasted all of 6 months.

We have bought a few of the new era Pfleugers and love them. A very good reel for the price point going on 5 years with the one I use for cats and carp.

True story. a huge survey was done for customer satisfaction with spinning reels and the Pflueger Supreme came out on top. The Pflueger Patriarch XT is even better, but with the price tag. I have 8 year old cheap Diawas and all 7 have lasted! They have been put through the ringer too. Reviews for the Supreme everywhere are favourable.

I think people used to associate pfleuger with cheap rods and reels but I happen to really like them and use them allot. I have two supreme spinning reels and a wicked solid baitcaster that I like to use for lakers and fishing the bar. Great stuff in my opinion, and you can't beat the price.

Pfleuger supremes have not let me down in two years of tournament abuse. This year the supreme xt gets the nod with a tougher bail arm. Lightweight magnesium, 10 bearings and a higher 6:2 to 1 retrieve than most other spinning reels at an affordable price. Patriarch's are top of the line and lighter yet with more carbon fibre.

For those who prefer Mitchell , I use and would recommend the 300GE with 10 bearings. I have used them with equal satisfaction.

I think people used to associate pfleuger with cheap rods and reels but I happen to really like them and use them allot. I have two supreme spinning reels and a wicked solid baitcaster that I like to use for lakers and fishing the bar. Great stuff in my opinion, and you can't beat the price.

I don't know if they were regarded as cheap reels , they have been around for a long time . I have an old Pfleuger level wind casting reel that my dad used and it was considered a good reel then ( it's beat up now) . I don't rely on brand names now since many good reels that were made in Japan , like my Sahara 750 , are now made in Thailand or China . They cheapen the reels with cheap plastic parts that break easily to save a few pennies and that can ruin their reputation for making quality products . So , reading threads like this is a good way to find a reel that has been put to the test . I will try a Pfleuger reel when my cheap 750 breaks down .B)

I have gone through three clicker pins in my supreme xt in the past year and a half.love the over all performance of the reel but hearing the drag peel off is also kinda nice. I looked at the new model on monday and they have beefed up the pin, I will still be going back to shimano however.

I don't know if they were regarded as cheap reels , they have been around for a long time . I have an old Pfleuger level wind casting reel that my dad used and it was considered a good reel then ( it's beat up now) . I don't rely on brand names now since many good reels that were made in Japan , like my Sahara 750 , are now made in Thailand or China . They cheapen the reels with cheap plastic parts that break easily to save a few pennies and that can ruin their reputation for making quality products . So , reading threads like this is a good way to find a reel that has been put to the test . I will try a Pfleuger reel when my cheap 750 breaks down .B)

You are right Smerch, I shouldn't have spoken for others but rather, I think I always used to think of pfleuger as something I would see on a cheap combo at crappy tire or something and never remembered any tackle stores really pushing their stuff. I bought a supreme at bass pro a few years back and it is my favourite reel so far and now I have two! Hey what do I know!

Archived