Farmer Forced To Save Flood Carp

They are just like any other species and should be afforded the same consideration. Imagine the noise folks would make if the fish on his flooded lands were bass, trout, or salmon. Everyone would be in full support of government measures.

Not me! The fish were put there by a flood and he is forced to save them? :crazy:

If the government wanted to enter his land to save the fish themselves I would understand but to make a flood victim liable for the acts of Mother nature is asinine. The Government is doing nothing about climate change but now we're liable for the outcome.

I wonder if the large bypasses from the Mississippi River into farmers fields will make them legally responsible to buy permits and be charged with the task of isolating all the asian carp in their fields. I'd tell the government to bite me :slap:

If he'd have handled the previous scenario with a hint of compassion and not let the carp in question be sucked up into his pump and diced out the other side he'd likely have never drawn attention to himself in the first place.

Ignorant corn farmer is reaping the effects of karma.

A friend who lives in the Niagara area has a few acres in the country & had a visit by the mnr about illegally feeding wild geese & were threatening to charge him . It seems the Crown owns these geese (just like the carp situation) . So the guy said , well , I have a few tame ducks here and "your" geese are eating their food , so I'll send the mnr the food bill . I think you can guess the rest of it .......they said to forget it and carry on . Shouldn't it be the mnr's job to get the carp back to the river ? Making the farmer buy a "fishing" license is just plain dumb. If the fish were pike or bass etc......I would expect the mnr people to have the proper equipment to safely remove and transport the fish back to the river as well . Me thinks the mnr ,with all the powers they have can sometimes abuse those powers just like the cops do on occasion . We must let them know when we feel they are tramping on our rights . Use some diplomacy when dealing with people or you will lose respect ,and that ain't a good thing ......

If he'd have handled the previous scenario with a hint of compassion and not let the carp in question be sucked up into his pump and diced out the other side he'd likely have never drawn attention to himself in the first place.

Ignorant corn farmer is reaping the effects of karma.

I'll agree with that.

Yes, it is happening in Quebec. But beaurocracy is as beaurocracy does. Apparently this farmer attempted to catch the fish and was cited for fishing without a license, so he had little choice but to run the pumps fish or no fish. Yes I could see this happening in Ontario. For many beaurocrats, the process is more important than the result. Reminds me of something Kafka would have written.

Archived