Another Trip On The Magnetawan

miller

while talking to a buddy at work two sundays ago i was mentioning wanting to make another trip up north and thats when we both realized we had the next 3 days off work. so i told him id give my uncle a call once i got home and if we were good to go we would head up sunday night. gave him a ring and everything worked out. quickly pack up the gear, stop by the store for groceries and off we were. fishing wasn't nearly as great this time but we had a few things holding us back. after getting up there we found out the boat motor wasnt running so we would have to canoe around for the next couple days. that wasn't so bad except one of my hot spots is a couple miles away. next issue was bait the minnow traps in his pond that usually load up within a few hours were still empty so we had to drive a while to get to the bait shop for some minnows. the first day we stayed relatively close and fished a smaller side river with me nailed a bunch of nice smallies and my friend have nothing to show for it. next day we decided to bite the bullet and make the long paddle. it was worth it. we both managed a few walleye each and my friend landed a small pike too(his firsts of both species). that night we hit another channel mouth and anchored up. we both hit a few small walleye and i set the hook into a nice pike. after the long day of paddling and some pretty intense sun we went back to the cottage and passed out. originally we had planned to fish wednesday as well but my friend got quite the wicked sunburn and was pretty exhausted we opted to just pack up and hit the road. this trip wasn't hot fishing like my previous one but still a great time, the water temp probably had a part on that one as it was around 78 degrees. the final tally was 15 smallies 5 walleye and 1 pike for me and 3 walleye and 1 pike and one heck of a sunburn for my friend. hopefully i'll be heading there again in august and can manage some more fish.

july11th-13th20116.jpg

july11th-13th20115.jpg

july11th-13th20117.jpg

july11th-13th20114.jpg

july11th-13th20113.jpg

july11th-13th20118.jpg

july11th-13th20112.jpg

july11th-13th20111.jpg

july11th-13th2011.jpg

Archived