Ridin The Storm Out.

minnow killer

Decided this morning that the sun is shining, i'm going perch fishing. by the time i got minnows gas and launched, it wasn;t sunny any more, but i went on the hunt anyway. went out till i started marking some fish, and i chucked the anchor, and it held. So after an hour and only 5 in the cooler, i pulled anchor and moved, i moved a few times, but couldnt get back on the fish, so one more move and that's all before the rain comes. Once it started raining the fish were hungry, and the double headers started once the rain passed, and before i knew it I had 50. As i was pullin the anchor the downpour started, soaked to the bone, but i got a feast tonight. All good keeper size and not one throw back an awesome day no matter how wet i got.

Nice going MK ......I was talking to a guy at Port Dal.today about hitting Erie for perch . It looks like they are starting to bite there . I managed to get a few perch and some tiny smallies and I also got soaked to the bone .....2 soggy wet shirts , jeans and sopping wet feet . (nice clean toenails ) B)

Minnows were from erie tracker, there was tiny ones and some decent ones mixed in, didnt matter what size tho, they were all catchin. even got 4 gobys and a smally. Hope the bite's still on sunday, wanna take the nephews out.

We got a lot of rain here in St.Kitts today , 26mm in my rain gauge today plus 27mm a few days ago . That amount should put the fish into the feed mode .....I hope ! I'll be getting more worms tonight !:Gonefishing:

Fish just know! Its complicated but the sense change in barometric pressure and they know when to get on the feed when a storm is approaching.Probably the way the "older guys"(no offence Smerch and BigU).. :rolleyes::roflblack: , know when its going to rain by the way thier joints start to ache.

Archived