Jordan Harbour...anywhere Off Limits?

blue pilgrim

Hey folks.

Thought I'd ask here since I can't see anything on other sites. Is there any off limit areas, besides the marina, at Jordan Harbour?

Heading out tomorrow with some friends and we were thinking the harbour, Port Dalhousie, or hit the Niagara river.

Hope you all have a great weekend and can get out on the water.

Thanks for your time.

Mike

Thanks for the info guys. Wasn't sure where the "boundaries" lay. I'll try to articulate this next question better; fishing at the mouth of the harbor between QEW and the lake is ok? I've read the regs and I'm just confirming with knowledgeable members here before dragging some friends out there and breaking any laws.

You are safe NORTH of the QEW. This applies to all outflows in the region.

Not quite correct. There are a number of minor outflows and tribs that are closed, and not listed in the exceptions to the regulations.

I agree with Bruce if that where true martindale pond would be open all year for trout and salmon and not just the harbor

I agree with Bruce if that where true martindale pond would be open all year for trout and salmon and not just the harbor

There is usually a convenient road , highway or dam to mark a fishing boundary . In the case for Port Dalhousie , Lakeport Rd.separates the upper zone from Lake Ontario , but there is also hydro & private property there that moves the boundary line down to the north side of the green walking bridge which is about 100 meters north of the 4 falls . BTW.....there were 10 anglers fishing illegally in that zone today.......:read:

Archived