Welland Rec Report

Chrisb

They dropped the level over night. The water level is down about 3 feet from yesterday. There is a very thin skin of ice on parts of the canal that will likely disappear with the warm weather coming .

anyone up for a swim. it's almost spring out there. I might actually hit the rec tomorrow for some shore pike. at least it's something.

I just may do the same tomorrow, Pike or Carp tomorrow in Dain City sounds great, IF the wind dies down.

Guest cdnfishguy11

This year has been very funny ... I have never fished in a tshirt on the niagara river In january before... also never gone swimming on my birthday up north ! (nov 27th) this is rediculous !

I drive over the river and the rec every day all were iced up. My delma is to put the ice tires in my dirt bike or leave the dirt tires on after todays ride I just might put the ice tires on.

Come on ice raceing o ya ice fishing to

wrc

nice weather;bad fishing. that was my day yesterday. started out by the 406. fished two hours on both sides of the train bridge-nothing.went into welland and didnt see anyone fishing around noon. dain city was next and it looked like a ditch.very brown water. went to PC behind the robin hood and it was the same colour. went to the marina and couldnt get on marlons docks so i went to fort erie near the coal docks. tons of minnows but only a few small perch( not caught by me).all in all a great day to be out. too bad the perch werent cooperating. all days are good;some are just better than others.

Archived