Whats With The 2 Shows In The Falls?

canadianfcat

The local Niagara Outdoor show will be held Mar24-25 as always at the Optimist Club.

The show, next week, has been parachuted in by Toronto outsiders. It is run by Andy Palotta and company as a repeat of the Toronto show 2 weeks back.

LoL@ Toronto-Outsiders..

What's with the animosity?

No animosity, just that the big money show will kill the one run by local folks, and will help drive a few more nails into the coffins of your area suppliers.

No animosity, just that the big money show will kill the one run by local folks, and will help drive a few more nails into the coffins of your area suppliers.

ahhh.. Understood & makes sense..

Kind of like all the new advertisers on this board so don't be crying to me about exploited spots with 3 new tackle shops promoting the area, no hard feelings but it's funny to read other peoples opinions. I won't be at Bill's show "the Original Outdoor show" and this will be the first time in 10 years. I will be in Spring Valley Illinois fishing the MWC season opener which I've done for the past 5 years. I am able to make it to the so called other show which I think is a great idea unfortunately for Bill it's hard to get such a big space and in the past 10 years I've noticed a great decline in the # of people attending Bill's show which is sad because a TON of work goes into making that run as smooth as it does every year :worthy:

Hope to see a few familuar faces next weekend :D

Kind of like all the new advertisers on this board so don't be crying to me about exploited spots with 3 new tackle shops promoting the area, no hard feelings but it's funny to read other peoples opinions. I won't be at Bill's show "the Original Outdoor show" and this will be the first time in 10 years. I will be in Spring Valley Illinois fishing the MWC season opener which I've done for the past 5 years. I am able to make it to the so called other show which I think is a great idea unfortunately for Bill it's hard to get such a big space and in the past 10 years I've noticed a great decline in the # of people attending Bill's show which is sad because a TON of work goes into making that run as smooth as it does every year :worthy:

Hope to see a few familuar faces next weekend :D

Our advertisers and our members are very important to this site, they keep it running, Advertising is available to any local businesse because the goal is to promote all Niagara area fishing and its retailers. We here at Niagarafishing.net promote the niagara outdoor show because they support Niagara area Businesses.

There is no reason at all that local store and businesses can't have a booth there , it's a great idea lots of people usually makes for good sales

No reason other than floor space is $500 a table. Too rich for a number of small businesses

It's all done by the foot the bigger the booth the bigger the money , I wish Andy all the best with his show ,

Minimum size booth is 10 ft @ $500. He has tried to get a lot of us on board

I think I found the other show and they want $14 admission. I can't see paying that to basically go shopping for new equipment. Could you imagine if Canadian Tire charged admission to shop in thier store.

I think I found the other show and they want $14 admission. I can't see paying that to basically go shopping for new equipment. Could you imagine if Canadian Tire charged admission to shop in thier store.

Then it would be called Costco

I just don't get why the negativity about the show I think it's great it will draw people from all around the Niagara area even if guys get together to see what's new I think it's worth it alot of stores don't have the selection the Toronto stores do they have to have good stuff and a variety of it just to stay in business up there , down here we just accept that the stores don't have it or did their one order for the year ,

After the last 2 Toronto shows, I found nothing there that I could not find locally.

Much of what I saw could be bought cheaper locally.

$14 at the door is steep.

Do I support my community or someone else's?

WIll the money spent benefit my community and local employment?

Will these big vendors put money into our community, programs or events. like local vendors do?

Large local stores like Fishing World And Grimsby Tackle left the Toronto shows for good reasons.

This show will be great for those who can't make it to the Toronto show. There are close to 200 vendors that will cover all facets of the outdoors, NOT just fishing. $14.00 is not steep for this event just because it is in Niagara Falls...a large Double Double at Tims is the same price here as it is in Toronto....

No reason other than floor space is $500 a table. Too rich for a number of small businesses

$500 is not much of a price for that type of exposure. The point of these shows is to reach more customers that you may have never reached before. I can tell you there is not a better way to directly reach your target customers for the nominal price of $500.

After the last 2 Toronto shows, I found nothing there that I could not find locally.

Much of what I saw could be bought cheaper locally.

$14 at the door is steep.

Do I support my community or someone else's?

WIll the money spent benefit my community and local employment?

Will these big vendors put money into our community, programs or events. like local vendors do?

Large local stores like Fishing World And Grimsby Tackle left the Toronto shows for good reasons.

Really $14 is a problem? Ha. I think it's fair considering what an event cost to put on. $13 for a few hours of entertainment ain't that bad. You can hardly by a cheap package of line for 14 bucks these days.

Ha ha ha parking at the Convention Center is $8 in Niagara Falls and some of the other lots in the area are $10 - $20! I use to always go to the TO show but like most others find it a rip! The quality dropped over the years huge as well. On top of that traffic is rude at almost hours of the day in that city. The NF show will probably be much the same!

$500 is not much of a price for that type of exposure. The point of these shows is to reach more customers that you may have never reached before. I can tell you there is not a better way to directly reach your target customers for the nominal price of $500.

Not if it means losing money. Ask some of the local shops that left the show.

However, your loyalties, as with some others, obviously lie outside the community with your sponsors.

Archived