Whats With The 2 Shows In The Falls?

canadianfcat

Not if it means losing money. Ask some of the local shops that left the show.

However, your loyalties, as with some others, obviously lie outside the community with your sponsors.

Hey Cliff can you ship those custom rods and flies you have ready for me to Toronto so i can pick them up there? That way I can keep my loyalties outside of our community since its so obvious I dont support local purchases.

After the last 2 Toronto shows, I found nothing there that I could not find locally.

Much of what I saw could be bought cheaper locally.

$14 at the door is steep.

Do I support my community or someone else's?

WIll the money spent benefit my community and local employment?

Will these big vendors put money into our community, programs or events. like local vendors do?

Large local stores like Fishing World And Grimsby Tackle left the Toronto shows for good reasons.

I guess it depends on what you condsider local stores. For me Hamilton and grimsby are no closer to being local than toronto.

I sure most of us will go to both shows because we just like anything to do with fishing. I don't see such a issue with the 2 shows. Alteast we will be drawing in people who typically wouldn't come to Niagara Falls anyway and they will spend money at our other local business's on food, gas and accomidations.

I guess it depends on what you condsider local stores. For me Hamilton and grimsby are no closer to being local than toronto.

I sure most of us will go to both shows because we just like anything to do with fishing. I don't see such a issue with the 2 shows. Alteast we will be drawing in people who typically wouldn't come to Niagara Falls anyway and they will spend money at our other local business's on food, gas and accomidations.

Last I saw, Grimsby was still part of Niagara. At least I was still paying taxes to Niagara region. That's like saying Fort Erie is nothing more than a suburb of Buffalo. Unless you are suggesting that only communities bordering the Niagara river are truly part of Niagara

Prior to the redrawing of the maps, the old Lincoln county included much of St Catharines and Stoney Creek

Last I saw, Grimsby was still part of Niagara. At least I was still paying taxes to Niagara region. That's like saying Fort Erie is nothing more than a suburb of Buffalo. Unless you are suggesting that only communities bordering the Niagara river are truly part of Niagara

Prior to the redrawing of the maps, the old Lincoln county included much of St Catharines and Stoney Creek

Ok you got me on grimsby, You learn something everyday. What about Hamilton how can we call it local? Don't get me wrong i love hamilton, i have lived there and its a great city.

Archived