Photography Whats Best For Fishing?

cplummer

Wondering what you guys n gals use for capturing the moment?

I use a cannon 12mp rebel XS DSLR with ultra sonic lens and UV filter

A tad big and heavy but i love the shots i get and especially the macro shots..

I have a couple special lens including a 200mm for those far away shots.

Cliff

I like a camera compact enough to keep under my coat inside a camera bag with a long strap to keep it warm & always easy to access . My new camera is a Samsung WB700 . It has a 18X opt.zoom & 14 mps. It has settings for ultra close ups and a double image stabilizer for those long zoom shots . It also has video playback with sound . So far ,this camera is great .

edit....forgot to mention , I miss not having my old camera that had a view finder window which allows you to put the camera to the eye which made it easier to find a moving object like a bird in flight etc..but they do not make them now . A Dslr camera like Cliffs would solve that problem but they are bulkier .

I like my compact little nikon. Pics are decent. With my history of stumbling and falling, the chances of drowning or smashing the camera are pretty good. So a high end DSLR would be a poor investment.

She says we need circumstances! Basically if you can not hold the fish set the aperture correctly if it's cloudy using flash is recommended but you risk the flash showing in the scales. Plus flash is not good for fish because it can damage there eyes. Also you need to know all those stupid little commands/modes. That's a pain! Least she'll do my pictures for me. And I lied she has a Nikon SL10. Aswell when you are buying a camera more megapixels are better!

I have three cameras, one is a Nikon D5000 DSLR in which I do not bring with me too often, mainly because we have about $3000 invested in it, we also have a Fuji Film FinePix S5 Pro DSLR and of course I have my iphone which takes pretty good day time shots, I am in need of a smaller camera, as I've been lucky not to break the first too, and think my time is running out on having good luck with them while fishing/boating.

I use a Cannon PowerShot ELPH 300 HS. Its nice and compact (some may say its too small, but I have no problem with it), and its great for indoor and outdoor use. It takes excellent pictures for a point and shoot camera.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it came in and is more complicated than I will ever need. It is waterproof to 40' (hope I never get to test that), has GPS and compass readings, barameter and many other functions I will never use. Atleast it was free'ish

I think it comes to the situtation and what your taking pictures for, I use a simple point and shoot for my regular photos, but I have used DSLR for taking landscape shots and action shots.

Archived