Jordan Harbour

Ripple

I can't find much in the regs on Jordan Harbour.

Can you fish there now above the QEW?

Thinking of making my first trip. Any wisdom appreciated. Thanks.

You can fish Jordan hrbr. south of the QEW. It is not a sanctuary.

That being said, you must still foiiow closed seasons. Trout and salmon are still closed.

Understood. Thanks.

Are there times one can fish north of the QEW or is it a year round sanctuary?

Jordan hrbr is Zone 16, 20 Mile creek. Trout and pacific salmon open 4th Sat April - Sept 30th

North of QEW is L Ontario Zone 20

You really do need to take a closer look at the Regs.

Hi bigugli,

I am so glad you relplied to this post.

I stoped fishing the southern part of Jordan because I thought it was zone 20....

I have spent many hours on the MNR site and I guess I missed that the QEW was the boarder line between 16 and 20.

All my son and I are after are some pan fish.... Perch, Crappie, and Sun Fish will make our day.

We have spent many hours on the northern side of the QEW looking over at our old spot on the other side wishing we could be over there.....

Thank you for clearing this up.....

Guess where we will be this weekend on the way home from the Niagara Fishing Show....

Cam

Thanks for adding in Cam.

I don't know how anyone could tell that the border is the QEW from the reg map as it looks like it is the shore of the lake.

Are there better maps than those in the regs themselves I wonder?

Casting into the Lake from the mouth will put your lures in front of Brown Trout this time of year!

Hi Dax,

Yes you are right, we have seen many trout pulled out of the northern side of the QEW, how ever I am fishing with my 7 year old son and he is still learning how to work a lure properly (ok so am I ), that being said since the panise were not biting we tried thrown many lures, row bags ect into that area only to come up unsuccssful while others beside us were landing them....

Thanks for adding in Cam.

I don't know how anyone could tell that the border is the QEW from the reg map as it looks like it is the shore of the lake.

Are there better maps than those in the regs themselves I wonder?

Hi Ripple,

If your looking for Pan Fish this is a great spot. If you walk under the bridge to the other side to the edge of the rocks it is a good spot, however turn left push through the bushes for about 30 feet and it opens up..that is a great spot.

My son caught a 12" perch there and on the next cast caught a 14"... I have a picture of the 12", but unfortunately the 14" was hooked a little deeper and my main concern was getting the hook out without harming it..... we did measure it, but did not have time to grab the camera... good news is it was a succesful release.....

Cam

just a tip, if it is not refered to "jordan harbour" in the regs, look up under 20 mile creek, jordan harbour is just the mouth of where 20 mile creek meets Lake Ontario.

there is no exceptions for jordan harbour, only that from the QEW to the lake, migratory trout and salmon are open all year. as for the jordan harbour on the other side of the QEW, all regular zone 16 regulations need apply.

Come on guy's.This is supposed to be a helpful place.It appears he is trying to understand the regs(He is not too lazy).This is 1 of the more confusing areas as far as name changes from jordan harbor to 20 mile.Putting people down is not a good way to grow & improve here!

Hi Cam . I tried your spot yesterday & it was full of gobies . I managed a couple of small perch , tried the float & bottom fishing with worms & salted minnows. I hooked into a very big drum near the bridge in the deeper water , but the gobies were everywhere . This perch was the largest of 3 .

022.JPG

This rambo goby pulled my float right under the water .....RIP little fella......

023.JPG

Notice all the garbage .......I took home a pile of fishing line again .......the fishing tackle garbage there is terrible .....even found a 3-tray fishing box with a broken hinge .....& the guy left it there .

014.JPG

This ball of line is on the north side of the QEW near the point by the bridge ....

032.JPG

The wind was strong from the NE & the waves were bashing the lake shoreline . The next time I go I will take ear plugs . The never ending noise from the transport trucks is deafening there . And for the carpers , they were jumping in the harbour side ! :Gonefishing:

can you still use a boat in Jordan Harbour? I used to go in there to the trestle for cats, bass and pike,as well as pannies, but I heard that it is only open to canoes only since the NPCA took over the old Cambell's Marina

can you still use a boat in Jordan Harbour? I used to go in there to the trestle for cats, bass and pike,as well as pannies, but I heard that it is only open to canoes only since the NPCA took over the old Cambell's Marina

You can still run into the harbour as far as the trestle. South of there is non-motorized.. If you try to launch from the NPCA landing they only allow non- motorized boats

Hi Cam . I tried your spot yesterday & it was full of gobies . I managed a couple of small perch , tried the float & bottom fishing with worms & salted minnows. I hooked into a very big drum near the bridge in the deeper water , but the gobies were everywhere . This perch was the largest of 3 .

022.JPG

This rambo goby pulled my float right under the water .....RIP little fella......

023.JPG

Notice all the garbage .......I took home a pile of fishing line again .......the fishing tackle garbage there is terrible .....even found a 3-tray fishing box with a broken hinge .....& the guy left it there .

014.JPG

This ball of line is on the north side of the QEW near the point by the bridge ....

032.JPG

The wind was strong from the NE & the waves were bashing the lake shoreline . The next time I go I will take ear plugs . The never ending noise from the transport trucks is deafening there . And for the carpers , they were jumping in the harbour side ! :Gonefishing:

"And for the carpers , they were jumping in the harbour side" ! :Gonefishing:

Aaah! Thanks smerch lol :read::Gonefishing:

Archived