Boat Carpet

FishInk

I did part of my Legend with regular outdoor deck carpet . It is cheap and dries fast compared to the heavier boat carpet . I believe some grades are heavier than other . The biggest cost would be labour as it is time consuming . I had my boat top custom made in west St.Kitts .....does nice work .....pm me if you want his business address & phone .

make sure you buy good carpet as the cheap stuff has no UV protection and if its old stock get brittle fast as I found out had to redo a lot of my carpet after a year. funny thing the second batch I ordered was great but the first stuff had the issues. and the glue and stainless staples. how bigg and what type of boat.

For flooring, whether its the wood or carpet, just tackle it yourself! Its not very technical work, and you will save yourself a ton of money. If its an aluminum boat, your wood is most likely just riveted in. Drill out the rivet heads, and up it comes. When reinstalling, just use self tapping stainless screws. If you pull your old carpet out in one piece, you can easily template your new stuff.

Archived