First Carp On The Fly

Horrorshowrot

Sadly there is no picture caught my first carp on legit fly fishing this year I went out to practice casting and threw a grasshopper immitation on, about 4 casts later a carp went to bite it off the surface and missed about 4 pounds then a larger one I believe he was 6 pounds came up and walked the grasshopper I set the hook and had fun bringing him in! I think my new found love is fly fishing!

I will have to see if me and my wife are doing yard work on saturday or not.. But I would love to go out doesnt even matter where we go. I have a few different flys to try. Mind you catching a nice carp is a load of fun, especially when he just takes your line and keeps swimming downstream... Still am not used to landing a fish on a fly rod....XD

i tried fireman;s park, water lvl was really high spilling up on the grass, really really muddy, no viss at all, enjoyed the scenery and then left for greener pastures, went to good ol' gibson. was fishing off the little penunsula that sticks out on the marlatts pond portion of that waterbody, seemed like only the most shallowest of water was holding fish for me. for an hour or so i had fun sight fishing for the sunfish, the water lvl at gisbon is soo low right now that its 2 feet deep of water for as far as i could see in some spots. alsmost had a fish on that could of potentially but a bend in my rod. but all in all, huge smile on my face after the day was over, and i dodged another white stripe. im still not workin, fishing full time still haha so when ever is good for me. just depends on wind and direction on wether i bring out the fly rod or not.

Archived