Fishing Today W/ Pleasant Surprise

marth11

Well today I decided to try a local trout hole with the hopes of dinner, well I failed of course so it was costco chicken for me :mellow: I did manage a dozen or so large hornyhead chub, and man do they fight in the current, I kept thinking I had a nice lil brown on, well after a few hours of chubs I was packing up and I noticed a white truck with a certain logo on it, and since me being near sighted didn't know what, as I got closer I found it was MNR, this is the first time I have seen em here, I as the guy walked out of his truck he asked for my licence, well ok I said let me guess you wanna see my licence and he laughed and said of course, I showed him my card and asked him a few question that I had and politely answered them for me, we talked for a bit and I mentioned the poaching happening in the area and gave him directions to the waters, and he said, he will check it out, all and all it was a very pleasant experience, I shook his hand and thanked him for his services for helping to protect our wildlife, and I rode off, as I was leaving another truck pulled in and told him the same thing I said about the poaching.

sorry for the long rant and lack of pictures, thought it was worth sharing.

Maybe the MNR should have unmarked vehicles like the cops use . They would catch more poachers I believe , during daylight hours. I see anglers using baits that are obviously meant for bass & pike at many locations , L.Gibson is common for this....Pike season will be open soon & you can bet there will be many bass being caught on the spinner baits etc.....

yes gibson is common for that yesturday there was like 20 ppl fishin for them while i was fishing for carp i was gettin pissed they keep comin over and casting by me i wanted to throw them in the water and one guy killed one

Yeah I heard of a guy down there keeping em lately, one guy killed one at GRT cause he inhaled his spinner.

i havnt seen anybody keepin them yet but if i do their gettin put back in the water either he wants to go in with them or not is his choice

\

Violence is never the option jus call the TIPS line, the MNR are aware of the poaching now and they will jump on it quicker then a fat guy at a buffet

Archived