First Week Back

niagarangler89

I've been lucky enough to enjoy a workless and schoolless past week, so I've tried to take full advantage of the free time. It was a fairly slow week of fishing...especially this weekend in London (got the white stripe both today and yesterday). Luckily, I did manage to get into some fish earlier in the week though. Between the inland browns, Whirlpool lakers, and Gibson pannies, it made for a fun first week back.

First inland brown trout

aa371827.jpg

Second inland brown

83745102.jpg

Caught this laker within 10 minutes of getting down there. All the blood is because my line nicked her gill during one of her death rolls. Unfortunately I didn't bring anything to keep or clean her with, so I had to call my trip short and bring her home to clean.

d991545c.jpg

Variety of panfish from Lake Gibson (bluegill, pumpkinseed, and a crappie). Could've got a couple more nice crappie slabs, but they managed to elude 'the bag'.

2b19b6d6.jpg

Green sunfish caught while pannie fishing in Gibson

4e24aceb.jpg

Another Whirlpool laker caught the day after the first. Guys were crushing the bows down there that day too!

a5002878.jpg

And so the dream week ends and work life begins....

what u get the lakers on in the pool

First one spoon, second one spinner.

Isn't there signs all over lake Gibson not to eat the fish?

Ya...if you're pregnant lol

Same water as the Welland Canal so can't be too bad.

Awesome report Steve.. lakers and pannies are always fun

Cliff

Thanks Cliff. They kept me busy this week!

Beautiful markings on the lake trout Steve . I'll have to get my fanny down there one day and spend the day there . I can take some energy snacks & power water to get me back up the hill . B) Lake Gibson , 12 Mile Creek , Martindale Pond , and Port Dalhousie water all come from Lake Erie ( with some inland water from tribs) . I believe pannies are quite safe to eat in moderation but I abstain from eating most large fish from Ontario including large walleye .

I agree if they are smaller fish with a shorter life span, then a few here and there shouldn't hurt... But if they have been around for a few years, i dunno, i don't think i would eat them...

but i would never eat any fish from this area (just my preference)

Ever since i learned about pollution, and who really knows what people, companies, and farmers are dumping into the water.. ("The love canal")

but what is really 100% safe anymore these days?

I agree if they are smaller fish with a shorter life span, then a few here and there shouldn't hurt... But if they have been around for a few years, i dunno, i don't think i would eat them...

but i would never eat any fish from this area (just my preference)

Ever since i learned about pollution, and who really knows what people, companies, and farmers are dumping into the water.. ("The love canal")

but what is really 100% safe anymore these days?

Exactly.

I'm honestly more concerned with what I purchase at my local grocery store. I very rarely eat fish, so I decided to treat myself. I'd be more worried about the laker meat containing contaminants than the pannie meat. Regardless, it's all going to get eaten.

Good stuff!

Love the lakers.. I need to get into some of that action!

Thanks for sharing :)

No problem! Getting tired of all those chrome (if possible)? :P

It really doesn't get much easier right now. Tossin' hardware seems to be producing fairly consistently down there. I'll probably go back later in the week to give it another shot.

sweet catches man...the 2nd laker looks pretty cool...

Thanks man! Here's a close up of it

3204d544.jpg

Nice fish there Steve, and where was I when this all went down :lol::P

No problem! Getting tired of all those chrome (if possible)? :P

It really doesn't get much easier right now. Tossin' hardware seems to be producing fairly consistently down there. I'll probably go back later in the week to give it another shot.

Hahaha.. never! :)

Archived