New Pb Trout

niagarangler89

I had a couple of days off this week, so we decided to head to the lower for the last bit of this season's trout fishing.

The bites were few and far between, but there are definitely still some trout holding to some of the current breaks and back eddies.

We ended up with 3 lakers over the three days, and we each topped our personal best trout on the year.

There were many more fish that were lost, including the biggest fish I've ever felt on the end of my line (I'm sure I'll be haunted by that mystery fish for a while).

These last couple of trips down to the River have been bittersweet. I'm a little disappointed that trout season is winding to an end, but I'm quickly starting to anticipate bass opener in a couple of weeks (I have a feeling the smallie fishing in the Lower is going to be unreal this year because of the warmer winter).

Here are a couple pictures of our final trout of the season...(maybe!?)...

Fishon's first laker

53a8b3f1.jpg

My pb laker (and trout)

4dc94afe.jpg

Another shot of my pb

8a2cef23.jpg

Fishon's pb trout

d054ed10.jpg

Guest live2fish85

Nice work guys. Nothing like beating an old PB. I as well got my PB Lake trout this year.

As for the bass comment you are right about that and it won't just be bass.

I think we will see lots of PB posted this year.

Again Congrats.

Congrats Steve , it can be a challenge to land a spunky laker (trout) in those rapids .......also be extra careful there ! My pb laker is Laker Red B) . Hope to see you somewhere on the trails soon .......CDP should be a happening now.......... :Gonefishing:

Thanks guys! These past few weeks down there have been a blast!

Laker red eh smerch? My pops always has the laker honey around...not my first choice, but I don't discriminate :)

Haha at least I've managed to get into a few to make a couple posts, Cliff :P

Steve, you need to do some more work on you biceps, and your left nipple is crooked.....LOL. Just kidding man, nice fishing.

Very nice fish! Looks like you guys had fun! I might have to try out your spot next week! I havnt been down there for a month atleast been to busy getting my "carp" on.

Steve, you need to do some more work on you biceps, and your left nipple is crooked.....LOL. Just kidding man, nice fishing.

LOL...thanks Dave! :P If the fishing keeps up, that's all the work I'll need to put in ;)

Archived