Port D

marth11

Hey folks went down to port d today for a little bit of fishing, I caught some minnows and started trying different spots, I did end up some nice perch and a bunch of silver bass, I did keep a silver bass for dinner, I ran into my friend Mike (nightenday) and he caught a whack of rockbass, I also ran into BAITCASTER down there trying for sheepshead again but he didn't get one while I was their, well I have some pics for you hope you enjoy.

P6100681.jpg

P6100680.jpg

Nope no sheephead tonight although wasn't my usuall spot lol but. Some other guy caught a nice size one which I helped land with my new rapala lip grips which worked to perfection. Tons of rock bass though. Mostly dinks but a few decent size ones. It was amazing to see how many people go down there to fish with no knowledge of the regs. I had to politely tell a number of people that smallies and large mouth are not in season yet and not to throw gobies back in the water SMH . Everyone was good and through back the oos fish and thanked me for the info just shocked me to see how many clueless fisherman were down there.. All in all good day. Spent most of my time feeding gobies to seagulls LMAO (circle of life)

Nice silver Joey . At one time they came in to Port so thick we got one nearly every cast with spinner type lures like Mepps . We used a yellow Shyster which has a heavy steel body , silver blade and a small treble with a bucktail . And of course they love minnows......we caught the 2 at a time at L. Moodie (Gibby) many moons ago .

Archived