May Long Weekend Carp

KissMyBass

Sorry for the wait but this is my first post on the forum even though I have been a member for a while. I finally decided that i should learn how to upload pictures and share my success lol. This is from my cottage on Buckhorn Lake (Upper), i really enjoy fishing carp and decided to target them by bringing them in with cracked and can corn. They started to swim around and I got the first one casting in front of it while some others were from the sitting line. I go up with my dad, grandpas and all of there buddies so i figured it would be a good idea to give them some fun after i caught one. So I would get them on then hand them the rod. We ended up getting 6 from 32-35 inches and 20+ pounds and didn't loose one. The guys seemed very pleased and it seemed to get the fishing spirit back into them! 

Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Great intro post and a good collage of some fine looking carp ! It looks like there's plenty of carp there at Buckhorn Lake . Many (lots) years ago we would vacation at a lodge at Deer Bay (Beachwood) and would boat up to the dam at Buckhorn for walleye ....got my first ski there .

Thanks Hammercarp!

We plan on doing quite a bit of fishing down at the dam this week when we go up but i have never actually been on a boat down there. We went on May long weekend and had some success with OOS Bass but no walleye :( but will definitely have to try more often down there!

• 3 weeks later...

Our cottage is near Greenwood Island if you know where that is, or barton bay. Directly across the lake from Melody Bay. The carp come in every night for cracked corn but its hard to fish with all of the sunfish :( Thanks guys and good luck!

Our cottage is near Greenwood Island if you know where that is, or barton bay. Directly across the lake from Melody Bay. The carp come in every night for cracked corn but its hard to fish with all of the sunfish :( Thanks guys and good luck!

I know exactly where you are... we are just south of you on westview Rd. We have lots of carp in the marina every morning...these guys are monsters... I doubt my bass set up would even work on these hogs ! I will give it a shot... first time fishing for carp in those water...well first time fishing for carp period !

Bigfishbass, i suggest you put your bass set up to the test and find where the big fish live lol, just don't forget to set your drag or it may be a short fishing day for you. Time for you to stop crawling and step it up lol time to put your big boy pants on and not you know who's lmao and i don't mean your lovely wifes.

Bigfishbass, i suggest you put your bass set up to the test and find where the big fish live lol, just don't forget to set your drag or it may be a short fishing day for you. Time for you to stop crawling and step it up lol time to put your big boy pants on and not you know who's lmao and i don't mean your lovely wifes.

I sence a challenge.... HAHAHAH !

We use one of our downrigging rods for on lake ontario and around 20 lb test, but i caught 2 on bass set up, which is a 7 foot abu, with 10 lb test on a pflueger reel which has a great drag lol. Those fish were around 32 inches, and over 20 lbs. Good fight lol, just kept the drag loose, let him run and hoped for the best lol.

Archived