Fishing With The Mailman

tinycarper

Great day of carping today, thank god for the rain we had. I started the day alone catching two nice ones in the first hour, the was ramdomly joined by the mail man and we continued to crush them. Then I made the great mistake of forgeting to set my bait runner and whamo, rods in the river. What to do besides jump in after it, great success rod in hand but fish broke off. I am greatfull the river was clear today and mailman was there to help as well.... i swim like someone who's never seen water before. After a quick trip home to change and gather a few things i returned to have continued sucess, finished the day with a tottal of 7 landed and 11 were hooked up but lost to snags, and just plain unhooks. Mailman was also able to hammer them, he definately caught the biggest pig today. Was overall a great and productive day all around, the look on his face was priceless as a 300lb bearded guy jumps into the river to get his rod. That will be a great story for a long time :). Hope tomorrow brings the same great sucess. Added a few pics of todays catches, and btw there was an effort to do some cleaning by everyone who came by today. 060.jpg055-1.jpg054.jpg052.jpg051.jpg049-1.jpg027.jpg

It was a very productive day, got to see alot of fish. My daughter had a blast ! Tinycarper lost his rod in the drink....but was able to retrieve it....classic! Definatley a day to remember.

I find sometimes the best fishing is when its spontaneous and not planned in advance! Yesterday was a perfect example of that!

Thanks for a good day TINY!!!

Nice catch guys. Looks like ur in Welland. Are you? I really wanna smash some carp. Let me know ur tricks hahaaa. Btw I'm live in Welland and recognize u guys from fishing the river. I'll stop and say hello next time

I know some set ups for carp and going to try to get some maybe later today. What's ur favorite rig to use to smash fat carp?

Great day of carping today, thank god for the rain we had. I started the day alone catching two nice ones in the first hour, the was ramdomly joined by the mail man and we continued to crush them. Then I made the great mistake of forgeting to set my bait runner and whamo, rods in the river. What to do besides jump in after it, great success rod in hand but fish broke off. I am greatfull the river was clear today and mailman was there to help as well.... i swim like someone who's never seen water before. After a quick trip home to change and gather a few things i returned to have continued sucess, finished the day with a tottal of 7 landed and 11 were hooked up but lost to snags, and just plain unhooks. Mailman was also able to hammer them, he definately caught the biggest pig today. Was overall a great and productive day all around, the look on his face was priceless as a 300lb bearded guy jumps into the river to get his rod. That will be a great story for a long time :). Hope tomorrow brings the same great sucess. Added a few pics of todays catches, and btw there was an effort to do some cleaning by everyone who came by today. 060.jpg055-1.jpg054.jpg052.jpg051.jpg049-1.jpg027.jpg

good stuff guys! that place is pretty preductive........tiny tiny tiny...........sorry you almost lost your rod for good..........gotta remember to loosen that drag or use a bait runner! regardless, nice fish and good on you guys for killin it!

just a tip, if you buy a bag of quick oats and a can of cream corn...........mix it together, throw in a bit of sweet corn........wait for it to get sticky, mould a small ball of it around your lead and throw that out.............the carp cant deny it............I swear youl smash em even better than you already did! Carps love oats, cream corn and sweet corn!

Nice, thanks. I usually use a mixture of corn and oats as my dough bait, also use some corn grits in the mixture. As for myrod it was funny, I do use a bait runner but after I showed mailman how it works ie how you can tighten both drags and how they work I forgot to loosen my rear drag lol. I was talking with him and all a sudden my rod was in the river lol. Bait runner and a bite alarm won't do anything if the drag isn't loose lmao. Lesson learned I hope :) I can imagine what mailman thinking when I jumped in river must have been sight for sore eyes.

Nice, thanks. I usually use a mixture of corn and oats as my dough bait, also use some corn grits in the mixture. As for myrod it was funny, I do use a bait runner but after I showed mailman how it works ie how you can tighten both drags and how they work I forgot to loosen my rear drag lol. I was talking with him and all a sudden my rod was in the river lol. Bait runner and a bite alarm won't do anything if the drag isn't loose lmao. Lesson learned I hope :) I can imagine what mailman thinking when I jumped in river must have been sight for sore eyes.

lol too funny my man, too funny! Cant say it hasnt happened to me............I didnt know you had baitrunners and bite alarms etc out there..........thats bonus! So you must be the wellend pro I heard about in my travels!

Cheers man

I got to see first hand what happens when a good spot gets posted on a open form.WHAT A MESS corn cans all over timmies cups and more trash than there has ever been down there.IM GETTING SICK OF CLEANING UP A MESS EVERY TIME I WANT TO GO FISHING.

It has gotten worse sence it was posted here if u put 2 and 2 together its people from this form.

CLEAN UP YOUR $HIT THE REST OF US ARE GETTING TIRED OF BEING YOUR MOM

I got to see first hand what happens when a good spot gets posted on a open form.WHAT A MESS corn cans all over timmies cups and more trash than there has ever been down there.IM GETTING SICK OF CLEANING UP A MESS EVERY TIME I WANT TO GO FISHING.

It has gotten worse sence it was posted here if u put 2 and 2 together its people from this form.

I hear you. There is a spot down our way that's turning into a garbage dump since It was posted a number of times. Now there are couches, recliners, hub caps, dead fish, corn cans, beer cans, coffe cups, broken concrete ... I could go on.

I have to agree, I was there one time, and posted about my catches and garbage........sadly someone complained about my post (since I call it like I see it) and my post was deleted............I cleaned up a full garbage bag of stuff..............it make only a dent!

cant blame it all on forum lurkers. i was in jordan a few weeks ago. after a group of guys were done fishing with their homemade rod setups, they threw all the stuff in the water. i can bet they have never seen this site.

cant blame it all on forum lurkers. i was in jordan a few weeks ago. after a group of guys were done fishing with their homemade rod setups, they threw all the stuff in the water. i can bet they have never seen this site.

I dont think the guy is talking about lurkers, he may be talking about regulars...........

This spot is bad to begin with. I find the wind blows alot of debris around and it accumulates in the brush adjacent to where we fish, all throughout the year. It's so easy to collect garbage especially while waiting for a fish to bite... Last year was littered with chicken liver packages, cat litter boxes, plastic chum containers etc... This year it's cans of corn, beer bottles n cans, empty smoke packs, fishing line etc.... I don't care who it is, lurkers, regulars, forum members. Bottom line is it's ignorant and only going to spoil another fishing spot when so many other spots are dissapearing.......

BE CONSIDERATE TO THE ENVIRONMENT AND TO OTHERS......PICK UP YOUR $HIT AND DONT LEAVE A MESS!!!!

I was down there today. I've been there 2 times to try my luck and both times I've been one for three I also do not like the amount of garbage I cleaned up some today and all the corn cans I could find and the ones out of the water and put it in a garbage bag. I hope other people willl do this as well I'll be trying my luck there soon.

Archived