Say What..............anyone Into Fly Fishing?

DaveC

just watched a show called how its made or something like that....... takes about 40 hrs to make a bamboo rod a lot a machine work involved, however I also saw a guy orient make one by hand WOW a load of work involved BUT 35 hundred bucks?????? I will stick to trying to find a fly rod at yard sales LOL. cdfishguy has it right unless you $hit money I'd be way to scared to ever use it.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw this combo for sale online: $8500 takes the package!

Special Edition Mitey Mite Bamboo Fly Rod and Janciuras Reel

The perfect fly rod for delicate casts with tiny flies on small streams

9733_alt.jpg

4067_alt.jpg

buy-it-now.gif

Select an Item

• $3,500.00 Special Edition Mitey Mite Bamboo Fly Rod (9733)
  • $5,000.00Sale: $3,999.00 Janciuras Reel (4067)

Wow .....that's a lot of coin for a fishing pole (and reel) ! Both of my trucks were less $$$ than that !! Think I'll stick to rods under $100 and put the rest in the gas tank . :)

LOL, Smerch. It is a lot of coin. The old adage goes "you get what you pay for." My bamboo rod was "stolen" from a second-hand store for $50.00 but is worth many times that. My spey combo was found on Kijiji for $300.00 and is worth around 3 times what I paid. So sometimes you get more than you pay for! You're right though: $8500.00 would pay for that New Zealand fishing trip I'd like to take.

Having REAL NICE EQUIPMENT is a luxury ... well deserved by many!

However, I am a firm believer that the Experience, Knowledge and Determination is what separates the "Men" from the boys.

There was a time when i was happy to fish with anything - in my hands.

The "Marketing World" has changed that ...lol (Only slightly)

Skill is self made (and taught and shared)

Practice helps make perfect ....

The "equipment" can only improve what has been learned.

* bamboo is certainly a RENEWABLE RESOURCE.

Someday, maybe we will all be back to using the "Bamboo Pole".... sure seemed to work for thousands of years!

Just hope there will be FISH to CATCH

lol

• 3 weeks later...

Well said Blair, equipment is nice and all that and in some instances forgive a novice mistake, but you just can't replace the experience we all get from the years of fishing. Fishing with throw lines spark plugs for sinkers or clumsy bait casters that always bird nested when you threw out to far and hard! But we all managed to win the day and learn . I for one wouldn't give those leasons up for nothing. To me equipment that expensive needs to be on display on your wall or for the rich and famous, but won't catch anymore fish then us with the knowlege

Archived