Live In St. Catharines And Have A Boat In The Driveway?

jrod

Just heard about this today and thought I'd pass the information on.

From the City of St. Catharines' website:

"The City is considering changes to the regulations regarding parking of recreational vehicles on residential properties. Your feedback on the matter is greatly appreciated. For the purpose of the survey, recreational vehicles include travel trailers, camper trailers, pick-up campers, motor homes, boat trailers, boats, recreational trailers and utility trailers. Thank you for taking time to complete this survey."

http://www.610cktb.c...aspx?ID=1795940

"The city has launched a recreational vehicles survey to get feedback on proposed changes regarding the parking of RV's, BOATS and campers on residential properties. An open house on the proposed changes is set for Tuesday, November 13th at 6:30 pm in Committee Room 1."

Survey:

http://stcatharines....urveyID=l2KLlm2

Sounds like it's time to go and get that "Compound" in the Montana Foothills.

lol

Modern Living in Cities.

Trying to appease everyone .... and yet: Seems there are more "rules" as to what individuals can do with their land and property.

I am not planning on leaving the city (Toronto) soon.... but definately have been dreaming of a Fishing Lodge of my own.

Far... Far....and FAR away from everyone.

God, I hope I am not becoming anti-social

lol

I can understand if it makes the neighbors house look trashy because there is to much clutter.. But then there should also be limits on how many cars can be in a driveway.... Having an RV and a boat in a driveway doesn't even compare to the guy on my street who has at least 10 cars scattered around his driveway and on the road...

Also, most people prefer to do repairs at home. There has been many times my dad would bring the boat home we would install lighting, sound systems, fish finders, even work on the ATV. People need to grow up.... I love seeing a nice 15footer with a big evinrude on the back...better then half of the crappy vehicles that are out now.

Glad to see this. Got a neighbor who parks his RV on the street ... Kids in the neighborhood ... When they come from behind that ... Scary. Street isn't big enough to hold a giant RV on it.

Don't care when it's in the driveway as long as he isn't sticking out ... Which he has Done often

the only time im not okay with the rv situation is when someone like the people around the corner from me decide to have others live in the rv, so they have a rv taking up there whokle drive way, all the wires to run this thing, and approx 4-5 cars on the street depending on time of day... makes the area look really bad.. but then again we have another house that has up to 9 cars parked in the drive way and clogging up the street/corner...

I've been looking at boats and was hoping to own an 18 foot starcraft aluminum next year and if I will need to have it in storage, that will be costly. It may be a good opportunity though depending on how this plays out if you are in the storage business.

Where I live, the driveways are pretty deep and I've never had issue with someone owning a boat/trailer/rv if they have the room for it.

Archived