Let It ......

smerchly

SNOW , let it snow , let it snow !! HAH ! ......finally , it's beginning to look a lot like Canada dudes ! ....and dudesses !! It looks like the snowblower will get to burn off some gas for a change . Keep it coming Ma , I'll polish up the ice auger tomorrow and oil up the ice rods ! :coldsmiley::Gonefishing: ice :clapping: ice

Nice to see the snow! (for a change)

Course it would not have "happened" without the lower temps.

Which leads to this REMINDER:

PLEASE BE SAFE in our ANTICIPATION of the HARDWATER (ICE)

Many guys are "Dying to get out"

Lets leave the "DYING" out of the equation!

The snow actually creates an INSULATING AREA on the WATER.

It will now take LONGER for the ICE to FREEZE.

Keep this in mind guys and gals.

We need an extended period of at least minus 7-8C to start to get a safe freeze up.

This recent snow (a great sign) will only SLOW that process down a little.

FINGERS CROSSED..... and BE SAFE!

hehehe, im moving to sault saint marie in 6 days, and there are reports of some in-land-lakes with 6 inches of ice already;)

Are you moving to the Soo to live there permanently Jordan ? If you are , I hope you stay with us and tease us with some ice fishing reports and pictures .

well il be moving there for school, so il be back at the niagara fishing mostly durning steel season, il only be able to come back for the bigger holidays since the trip costs abit of money, i will be staying on the forum though, so much to keep me jealous and wanting to come back, and il be popsting reports from the soo , hopefully make the forum guys jealous of the pink salmon and brook trout

Did a year at Sault college back in 1981, lots of great fishing, the rapids are open all winter and you can get your Steelhead fix right down there, beautifull rivers north on the 17 for drifting no crowds and sweet natural rainbows to be had. Lots of speckies north toward the town of Searchmount, I was a skier back in those days so I didn't fish much in the winter, great little ski hill in searchmount lots of fun for sure.

Did a year at Sault college back in 1981, lots of great fishing, the rapids are open all winter and you can get your Steelhead fix right down there, beautifull rivers north on the 17 for drifting no crowds and sweet natural rainbows to be had. Lots of speckies north toward the town of Searchmount, I was a skier back in those days so I didn't fish much in the winter, great little ski hill in searchmount lots of fun for sure.

thats awesome! any chance you could pm me some more spots and such? i wont be able to snowboard at searchmont this winter sadly, but can get some winter fishing in for sure

Archived