How Cold Is It?

hammercarp

pantspulledup_zpsc8029d9d.jpg

haha its cold enough in the soo that i had 3 pairs of pants, up to my belly, snow pants, 2 pairs of insulated socks, a teeshirt, long sleeve shirt, sweater, jacket, toque, 2 hoods, gloves, and a scarf around my face.. i was all covered up and still i was shivering.. but on the plus side, there was approx a foot of ice

Sooooo cold today when I needed to have a whiz , I pulled out a hair & pi$$ed myself !! :dunno:

ROFLMAO

In the days of sail, ships often carried their cannon balls stacked in a pyramid-shaped pile near the cannon. To keep the heavy iron spheres from rolling around, shipwrights would fasten a heavy brass plate to the deck. These plates had indentations (usually 16) to hold the lowest layer of cannon balls in place. They used brass to prevent the iron cannon balls from rusting to the plate. Of course, iron and brass have different characteristics, and in cold weather, the brass would contract in the cold at a different rate and to a different degree than the iron. In very cold weather, this difference in contraction would lead to the pile of cannon balls collapsing and rolling around the deck.

Now for some reason, mariners called this brass plate a "monkey." So you see, it really can be cold enough to freeze the balls off a brass monkey!

Sooooo cold today when I needed to have a whiz , I pulled out a hair & pi$$ed myself !! :dunno:

Hey Smerch......

At our age or after a few too many beverages......does it have to be cold for this to happen?

Archived